Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO ACCOUNT LINKED TO WRONG PERSON; identity theft; Fraud

YIQUN
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello FIDO,

Recently I received a debt letter from MetCredit, they told me I have some debt with FIDO, ask me to pay for the bill to FIDO. I feel very strange that I did not have any business with FIDO during that period(2017-2021 AUG 20). In addition, I noticed that the NAME on the debt letter is totally wrong which is not my name. I also checked my credit report on the TransUnion, this debt or collection indeed appears on my credit report, which gives me big trouble. After that, I call the MetCredit to check this problem, they said the name is wrong (not my name), but the Date of birth, the home address, and phone number is the same as mine. whatever, this debt appears on my credit score, I do not know how they did that. They ask me to check with FIDO, I call plenty of times to FIDO's consumer service, and finally, a good girl is willing to help me with that, she uses the FIDO internal system writes an email to the fraud department of FIDO, and tell them my situation. She said the Fraud department will go to investigate this problem for about one month? that's a very long time. No one will follow up on my case I think. 

I do not know what happened, maybe FIDO collect the wrong person? Or maybe my information was stolen? Someone uses my Identity to open a FIDO account and does not pay the BILL? please give me a help. Thank you. Please contact me by sending PM

5 REPLIES 5

Crnnn
I'm a participant level 1

I am having the same issue now. 

The investigation has been closed, and they did not identify any issue, which is honestly super dissapointing.

Just going to file a complaint and see how it goes.

Hey @Crnnn

Sorry to hear about this.

If you still need help with your account, don't hesitate to contact us via any of the methods listed here

mk1313

Did your issue resolved ?

Me too have same issue

Hey @mk1313 Smiley 

Sorry to learn you're experiencing the same situation! Please reach out to customer service when you get the chance and they'll be happy to look into this.

samgabbay
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Hi there. 

Your best bet would be to contact Fido customer service directly. Mods here may be able to assist you but again your better off contacting them through chat or Facebook messenger. 

Check out: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us/my-fido-services

Cheers!