cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express store pick up cancelled with no notice.

deltarin
I'm a participant level 2

Just had a very dissapointing interaction with live chat and in store today, I ordered a Google Pixel 6 Pro for express in store pick up last week and received the order confirmation, but never received the ready for pick up email.  After waiting patiently I received an email saying my order was cancelled since the pick up window had expired.  I was surprised since I had not gotten any notice that I could pick it up.  When I went on to live chat to see what had happened they said they couldn't tell me why I didn't get the notice, but offered to mail me a device instead.  I agreed at first but then they told me I had to pay $379 down instead of $0, since the price had changed from my original order.  I declined to pay the new price and they told me they would have to raise my issue with back office.  This all took almost 2 hours with no resolution and was told to contact customer service after 2 business days.  Just to see if my device was actually at the store I ordered it from, I gave them a call and the Rep confirmed it was still there and they would honor my order still.  So I raced to the store and upon arriving and explaining how I never received a ready for pick up email He told me they had had issues with that last week, he then took my information and attempted to process my order,  then he said there was some kind of error and would have to call for assistance from customer service.  After some time on the phone he said because the price had changed there was no way for them to give me the same price as last week.  This entire situation was nobody's fault if it was indeed a system error, but I should not be denied the deal that was agreed upon because of it, the only reason I chose express in store pick up was the big button that claimed some pickups could happen as soon as same day.  Now I have no phone, have waited almost a whole week and might not even be able to get the same deal as advertised last week.

9 REPLIES 9

hzhan339
I'm a participant level 1

I recieved this message and went to the store to confirm. They said there were too many orders and not enough devices in stock, so they cancelled the orders. I was able to get the original deal and receive the device in store.

knivex27

Just received the same message and it seems to be some kind of fraud to get out of the deals they do.

I never received this ready for pick up email but now my order is cancelled?? 

Looks like I'm on the same boat will try to go to the store tomorrow but I doubt I'll get my new phone.

Will report to Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS) at www.ccts-cprst.ca, or call them at 1 888 221-1687 and see what they come up with if this can't be resolved.

Also tried contacting live agents and via phone and no one seems to pick up even though they're supposed to be open until 8pm. 

AntonBurdin

Same problem today. But my situation is even worse, since in order to get this order I was forsed to upgrade my contract. Tried to reach customer servise - waiting time is over 3 houres (absolutly unacsaptable), hope they are calling me back.

Hey AntonBurdin, Alex here. 

Sorry to hear that you had to wait for such a long time! We were quite busy after the black Friday weekend, but things should be back to normal now so I would recommend to try reaching out to our customer service again. 

Keep in mind, if you prefer not to wait on hold, we have other methods of contact that you can use, see them all here

Lijean

I experienced exactly the same thing here today. 

FidoAnthony

Hey @deltarin,

We can definitely look over the situation with you. To get started, you can reach out to us on these channels and we'll take it from there! :grinning_face:

deltarin

Looks like back office declined to honor the original offer and I was offered nothing except the current new price.

Lijean

absolutely agree

Hey @Lijean

Sorry to hear you've experienced something like this as well. 
We invite you to reach out to customer service and they'll be happy to assist you and look into the situation further!