cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endless issues since Dec

lawrencelau
I'm a participant level 2

I joined Fido promotion in early December.
1) Free data plan for 24 months
I was told that activation fee will be refunded after one month,
didn't happened after one month, contacted CSR. I was told within 2
months. Now another month passes, still no refund.

Made another call on feb 10, looks like resolved but need to wait for next bill to see. Need many calls to resolve such a small thing.

2) Internet promotion
Issue 1, $100 gift credit card still haven't received after 2 months
even after repeated contact with your CSR. Still outstanding.
Issue 2, my internet connection is nothing but trouble. after 2
service calls and technical visits, problem still there. Still outstanding.

5 REPLIES 5

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hello @lawrencelau 

Welcome to the community!

Firstly I'm very sorry for the problem you have with home data modem. Could you please reply with the model and explain the issue you having with it so we can provide you useful information.

Now onto the gift card promotion for $100.  You can contact Fido by any of these methods here  and have it confirmed to you. From other post on the forum I can see there was a delay of average 3 months. Please issure you obtain reference number for future just in case.

I want to reassure you that Fido services are reliable and  there's a fantastic team eager to assist you. This is certainly not how we treat new customers. 

Please let us know how we can assist further.

Regards,

lawrencelau

modem model coda-4582U

Problem: intermittent connect and disconnect. Problem have been nearly for a month.

I see a big mess in your system: I call in on monday before 7, support said that he will call me back . Nothing happened, call back later in morning, I was told an appointment was made for thursday that I am not aware of. I asked the lady change it to Friday 8 to 10. Next day, an Rogers personal call me about Friday appointment. On Thursday, technician show up, no body home. Today, Friday, the scheduled time that I am aware of, no body show up.Call Fido, no records for today.

For the gift card, each time I call, I was given different answer. Now, it is showing "Ineligible - Activation Issue". in status lookup.

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @lawrencelau thanks for following up!

I have experienced similar issues and Well I think I got the solution for you!🙂

Try disabling band steering on your modem and see if that allows you to connect the device(s) to your WiFi network.

1. Visit your modem settings page (https://192.168.0.1).
  2. Sign in with the following credentials:
    Username: cusadmin
    Password:
     your current WiFi password, or “password”
  3. Select Wireless in the top menu bar.
  4. Select Advanced.
  5. Select Disabled for Band Steering.
  6. Select Save Changes.
  7. After the changes take effect, you should start seeing two networks again - the 2.4GHz network (without “-5G” at the end) and the 5GHz network (with “-5G” at the end).
  8. Try reconnecting your device(s) to the main network.

If you still have questions about your modem let me know.

For more details see here 

I hope this resolves your issue!

lawrencelau

Problem exists for direct wired connection too.

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hello @lawrencelau 

This could be a lot of things interference channel etc.

For devices or computer hardwired in the modem, avoid using Ethernet port 1 unless absolutely necessary. Connect any computer or router in ports 2, 3 or 4
If your modem is operating in gateway mode, disable the 2.4 GHz wireless from the GUI
If your modem is operating in bridge mode, make sure to place your WiFi router at least 1.8 metres (6 feet) away from the modem.

I also suggest you to change the password of the modem account cusadmin!

Hopefully this helps, just let us know!