cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double billing for phone calls

Grace_Choi
I'm a contributor level 2

I received a double bill from Fido. I was paying 2 mobile charges to my existing account. We have separated our account to pay for each charge with different credits. So a new account has been created.

The mobile charge was charged from January 1st to January 31st in the existing account and paid account. Your new account has been charged for mobile from January 7th to February 7th. It's January 8th when I applied for an account separately. As a result, I have to pay another fee twice in the same period.

The charge was double-charged during the same time period for separating two different mobile accounts. If I had known this, I wouldn't have separated it like this.

If a new invoice occurs at the time the account is separated, I would have separated on January 31st. I separated on January 8th.

I paid for it from January 1st to January 31st in my existing account.
The new account has been charged from January 7th to February 7th.
I asked agent to solve this problem for a few hours. However, it has not been resolved.

I used fido mobile for a long time and added Internet because I liked the existing service. Also, I recommended fido to my friends a lot, but I don't want to recommend it again. I'm a low-income person and I'm living a hard life with Corona.
Suddenly, I can't afford to pay too much.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoSaira

Hey @Grace_Choi,

Welcome to the Community!

Rest assured that we will not charge you twice for the same line. 😊

As the account holder, you remain financially responsible for the line until it is transferred to the other person on a different account. However, once the transfer of responsibility is completed, you no longer need to worry about it. In case your bill was published before the transfer and you've paid the bill, you will see the updated changes & prorated charges based on the amount of days you had the service on the next invoice.

I hope this clarifies a little bit.

Grace_Choi

I applied separately on January 8 to automatically transfer mobile A and B charges to another credit card. FID created a new account to separate and each account was charged. In addition, we have charged the separation cost (new account) for the separation. Also, if you look at the billing period, the charges were charged in the same period, so we have to pay double.

To put it simply,
(Existing account) Account 001 = Mobile Number A + Mobile Number B
Mobile A and B = Mobile Cost Period (January 1 to January 31)
I paid both the mobile billing fee A and B from January 1st to January 31st.

I applied separately on January 8 to pay for mobile A and B of Account 001 with different credit cards.

(Existing account) Account 001 = Mobile Number A
(New Account) Account 002 = Mobile Number B
Mobile B billing period (January 7 to February 7) + added separation account costs

FIDO was charged for mobile number B of Account 002. I have already paid for mobile number B. I couldn't understand the situation in which I had to pay the separation account fee and the already paid fee again.
I explained about this through chatting and asked for a solution.
To do this, I explained all the situations and it took the person in charge to understand a total of 3 hours.
Fido Agent's response says it is appropriate to pay for each account. For her, during the same period, mobile B will pay double. If you are right, mobile B should not be charged at the time of separation from Account 001. Because mobile number B in Account 001 is discontinued, I explained that it should be calculated only by the period used and that unused period should not be claimed.
But she ignores me and says the time doesn't matter because I have to pay by account.
Does she not know math? Or is the Fido system stupid?
It's right for every telecom company in the world to pay their mobile bills.
I have to pay the unreasonable fee again.

I am a low-income family and have a hard time with COVID.
I have to pay the mobile fee twice and pay the separation fee again.
What I just want is to separate each mobile charge to pay with a different credit card, but the result is a double payment situation.

If I had known this, I would have immediately terminated my mobile and changed it to another telecommunications company. I used Fido for a long time and changed the Internet to Fido even if other telecommunication companies offered better benefits. Also, a long time ago, I changed the fee notice to the Internet and changed the fee to automatic transfer. I have always cooperated with Fido in handling Fido. In addition, I promoted Fido to people I know. They switched to Fido Mobile and the Internet at the existing telecommunications company. In the way I told you, they changed the rate notice to Internet and automatically transferred it. I am a customer who is loyal to Fido. But I changed my mind now.

I have praised Fido and Fido Agent has provided good service so far. I think most Fido agents provide excellent service. However, the agent I talked to this time told me that I had to pay double bill after 3 hours of consultation. I'm so hopeless.

I already paid the billed amount.
You have to pay the bill again and pay all the separate expenses.

Hello Grace_Choi,

Welcome to the community!

@Grace_Choi wrote:...If you are right, mobile B should not be charged at the time of separation from Account 001. Because mobile number B in Account 001 is discontinued, I explained that it should be calculated only by the period used and that unused period should not be claimed....

You are correct in that the charges should be calculated only by the period used. That's called proration. However, the system can only make those calculations retroactively. With the transfer of responsibility (TOR), Account 002 started a new billing cycle. It is not possible to start a partial billing cycle. However, as FidoSaira explained, you will see the updated changes & prorated adjustments based on the amount of days Mobile B was on Account 001 during that cycle on the next invoice. That is, the charges for the unused period for Mobile B on Account 001 would credited back to that account on the next invoice. Unfortunately, I don't think it would not be possible to transfer that credit amount to Account 002. You would have to manually give the money to the owner of Account 002.

Hope that helps 😀

Cheers

Grace_Choi

I think account 001 account reflected negative amount for mobile charges that I didn't use.

I also understood about the Fido system.
Your answer to this part was very helpful.
However, the problem of paying the account separation fee for Account 002 remains the same.

I already paid all the money by automatic transfer.
I'm worried about the expense of separating accounts.

Will this be resolved?

Hello again,

Unfortunately, I believe that the fee for a Transfer of Responsibility (TOR) is standard for the procedure (see here). I don't think they will be able to remove that fee since you did transfer the responsibility of Account 002 when you separated the accounts.

That said, if you would like to discuss the matter, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Grace_Choi

Thank you so much for letting me know the solution.