Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not receive any verification code

mnewyen
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, 

I have recently switched from Koodo to Fido like 3 days ago, and ever since, I tried to log in to CIBC or Questrade but I did not receive any verification code (like not at all). 
It never happened before with Koodo. It's frustrating because I can't do my banking at all. 
I tried to call Customer Service too, but got hung up on lol.

Anyone knows what happened? Or what should I do? 
Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5

604nice
I'm a participant level 1

I cannot recieve verification codes from CIBC or Google as of right now. It's been about a week since I switched from Freedom to Fido, I have seen posts where they say it might take 3-7 days for you to start recieving these sorts of texts after changing couriers. I have tried changing my network settings, restarting phone, taking out sim and putting back in but to no avail. Hopefully this gets looked at because it is a bit frustrating.

mnewyen

Same here!

I tried to contact Fido on FB as well, but you know what, same response and they told me to contact relavant organization (CIBC and Google). 

I tried both and felt like I'm being tossed around like a little toy lmao. 

Hey everyone, Alex here! 

Receiving short code text messages, should not be a problem, but it's important to note that short codes must be approved by the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) and each of the Canadian carriers before a program is provisioned on their respective networks. 

The current list of approved short code programs is available at their website.

If you see that the number you are trying to receive an SMS from is in the list of approved short codes, then I would suggest that you contact our customer service so that they can look into what might be causing this issue. 

mnewyen

Hi Alex, 

That does not seem to resolve anything at all. 

I believe CIBC or even Questrade will be on the list (did I confirm if they are on the approved list, yes I did). So we need a different solutions for this. 

Because I tried to call Fido Customer Service, not very helpful by the way. 
What should I tell them again when I try to call them again then?

Mvr12345

I am experiencing the exact same issue, there are lots of posts about this issue in the forum too. Seems like an ongoing issue that Fido hasnt fixed? Wish i had known about this before switching