cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did NOT open an account or order a phone, yet received confirmation email!

dyl
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Today I received an email saying a plan was opened and phone was shipped to my address. I opened an account TWO MONTHS ago but did not go through with activating a plan because (after a week of hassle over the phone), I was told that the phone was not in stock! I told the rep to cancel my order as I would be going with another carrier, and yet TWO MONTHS later today, a phone was shipped and plan activated without my permission!

To make it even more infuriating (not that it matters since I will not be going with Fido); One - I did not even get the promotion that was agreed upon at the time; and Two - Fido has the nerve to charge me $1600 for a CPO Galaxy Note 10+ that (at the time) was only $20/month ($480).

I am tired of this incompetence as I have already had the displeasure of experiencing the pain that is Fido "customer service". How can I get this resolved ASAP?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dyl,

Welcome to the community!

@dyl wrote:... I opened an account TWO MONTHS ago but did not go through with activating a plan...

Sorry to hear you might not have understood how post-paid plans operate. You should note that the service start date occurs when you initially activated the line (when you opened the account), not when you first use the services (see Terms & Conditions; section 2b). Once the line is active, you pay for the services whether you use them or not. You could activate a line and not put the SIM in a device for six months; you would still be responsible for paying for the six months of service.

I understand you have called customer service to cancel the order. However, I do not know what was discussed during that conversation.

If you would like to get this issue resoved, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers