cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I win a Samsung Active2 smartwatch, and will I ever received it?

Dimo
I'm a contributor level 1

On May 5th, I was happy to have (apparently) won a Samsung Active2 smartwatch in the Fido app in the Fido Xtra contest section. It said to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. So I waited patiently.

Happy stuff, right? Well, not so much...

6 weeks later, and no joy. So I contact Fido support and ask about it. They say they have no record of it on their end. They say I should have received a confirmation email, but I didn't get anything. Nothing in the spam folders either. I offer to send a screen capture, and they say they can't receive it. So they ask for my postal code and tell me to go to my nearest Fido store, and the give me the address of 115 First St in Collingwood, ON.

So a few days go by and I visit the above store. When I give them my spiel, they look at me like I have two heads and say they cannot help me. They say I need to go to a Fido 'corporate' store.

Jump back on chat support, and I relay the (now longer) sob story. Again I get told that the agent can see no record of my winning anything on their end. He tells me he will follow up, but also tells me to post my screen caps here - I guess he was concerned that nothing would happen with his escalation. 

Anyway, here you go. Chat reference number was I1845673865.

Screenshot_20220616-201914_My Account.jpgScreenshot_20220616-201924_My Account.jpgScreenshot_20220627-153831_My Account.jpg

So, any chance I'll ever see this smartwatch?

10 REPLIES 10

Dimo

FidoStephane is helping me now. He confimed that I am a winner, but that the smartwatches are currently out of stock with no ETA. So I'm waiting (somewhat) patiently.

Appreciate the help Stephane!

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Dimo 

Hope you receive your watch soon! Happy your situation is resolved Smiley

Have a nice day Smiley

FidoLony

Hey @Dimo

Congratulations on winning the prize! We want to ensure you do get it properly. 

For this, you would need to reach out to our customer care here or we can send you a PM as well! 

Dimo

Thanks FidoLony. Customer care has been of no help whatsoever. They don't seem to have any record of these contests or the list of winners. On the plus side, I do see my name on the list of winners here

Anyway, 2+ months now and still no watch.

We'll send you a PM here on the Community so we can investigate. 

Chat soon! 

Dimo

Received it finally today. Thanks again for your help!

Hey @Dimo! We're glad you received it! Enjoy. 🙂

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Nice watch Smiley Do u got it finnaly?

Dimo

Nope. No joy yet. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Dimo,

In this case, I do not think customer service would be of much help as these contest is handled by a different department a moderator here should be able to help you with this.

From past experience when you win a prize you never get any email or confirmation you only get an email once the prize has been shipped.