cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device payment

Sukha4ffa
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

want to pay my remaining device balance how can i do. Also, I want to keep my plan the same. And i need more gb because i am with fido since 2007 so i m loyal customer 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sukha4ffa,

Welcome to the community!

If you would like to pay the remaining device balance, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

If your plan was a subsidised plan, the cost of devices was incorporated into the cost of plans (ie Small, Medium, Large, etc). Since the cost was incorporated into the plan cost, is not possible to simply remove the subsidy from those plans. You are free to keep your current plan, however, your monthly charges would remain the same.

On the other hand, if your plan was a financed Payment Program plan, the cost of devices is separate from the cost of plans. Since the costs are separate, you would no longer have a monthly finance charge once you have paid-off the balance of the phone.

If you have a subsidised plan and did not switch plans, you will not automatically get a new cellphone. In order to finance another device, you would also need to switch to a new plan as the old subsidised plans are not compatible with the new financed model.

You would need to discuss with customer service as to whether or not your plan can avail of any extra data promotions. You should note that any credits or promotions might not be available on your account indefinitely and would likely have an end-date. If you would need more data, you might need to consider getting a plan with more data.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers