cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating account for a few months

Nikkitnikkit
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, im going to be abroad for a few months and will not get roaming so I want to deactivate my account during that time. When i used Virgin mobile i would be able to keep the service inactive but keep my number for a small fee.

Is there a way of doing this online? Or will i need to call, and if i do would the international support number count for roaming fees if i call abroad? Posting because its sunday and support is closed. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Nikkitnikkit,

Fido does offer a temporary suspension that will allow you to keep your plan and number. In order to qualify for this your account can not be on contract it's only for accounts that is on a month to month plan. The fee is $7 month and can only be added at the beginning of your billing cycle.

You will need to contact customer service and have them apply the suspension. You can reach out to them through any of the available methods listed here.

If you use your phone while roaming even if it's to call Fido it will count as roaming and you will be charged the appropriate roaming fees according to your plan.