cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overages

Jjsw
I'm a participant level 2

Last October, and now this month, I went over my data usage due to my wifi being turned off on my phone at home.

Im October, I did not receive the 90% or 100% of data warnings that I see mentioned on this forum, and the call I made to Fido Customer Support in October confirmed I was supposed to receive them, but didn’t. I was not reimbursed the $50 then, and the Customer Service Agent sort of brushes it off and hoped I would go away.

Same thing this month. Why am I not getting your 90% and 100% text messages, and only the overage texts? I would like to receive a refund for these, if your policy to send these texts hasn’t been followed.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jjsw!

Were you able to get this sorted out? 

Jjsw

Thanks for following up, Amanda.

Yes and no.

Ive been told that the 90% and 100% data usage warnings aren’t consistent, so if this is the case—and I can’t request a cap on my available usage—I’m thinking that going over my allotted data, especially in a short period of time, is very likely to accidentally happen again.

The solution was to make my data limit (some of which was a promotion) permanent, but it really didnt address my concern about consistent notification or cap on data usage. In fact, it made my overage costs more expensive if they were to occur ($10/100mb versus my previous $7).

A notification at $50 over my plan—as per CRTC rules—doesn’t cut it. In the long term, I’m going to have to find a solution.

Have you tried to turn off your data while connected to Wi-Fi @Jjsw?

This would prevent you from using data over the fido network if you lose the Wi-Fi connection. Smiley

Also, other than SMS notifications, you can view your data usage live through our My Account app or online, when you login to My Account through our website.

Let us know if you have questions.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Jjsw

Welcome to the community Smiley

The usage notifications are usually sent when you reach the 90% and 100% threshold on your data usage. That being said, in some cases, the notification will be disabled for the current cycle.

Have you made any changes to your plan or services recently or added/made changes to your data options? You will not receive notifications if you change your Price Plan, data add-on, or your phone number mid bill cycle. However, they will resume on your next billing cycle.

You can reach out to us at these channels and we'd be happy to take a closer look at this with you. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here if you wish.