cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data drained to zero in less than hour whilst on wi-fi at home????

Anthony101080
I'm a participant level 2

Received a new to me "certified pre owned, like new" iPhone 12 Pro today.  Set it up this afternoon and has been sat at home connected to the wi-fi

I was on my account via the app and showed data of over 9GB available, then I get text warnings from Fido saying I've used 75%, then another 90%.  I'm literally looking at my phone and showing it's connected to my wi-fi.  Lastly you've used all your data and it's been paused. All messages within 15 minutes of each other.  

What is going on??  how can I possibly have used 9GB of data within a matter of minutes, I was literally crusing FB and watching Netflix whilst on my wi-fi

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Anthony101080,

Welcome to the community!

Check to see if you have WiFi assist enabled if it disable it, you can find the instruction on how to do that here.

Anthony101080

Thanks for taking the time to review and suggest a solution. Unfortunately rwi-fi assist is not turned on

Hello, again @Anthony101080,

You will have to check your phone settings to see if it download an update. Unfortunately, iPhones are known to use data even when connected to WiFi and the parameters for that happing varies.