cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Limit

JNorthey
I'm a participant level 2

I am very, very frustrated and would leave Fido if my daughter hadn't convinced me to let her get a new phone recently with Fido.  For the 2nd time she has gone $50 over the data limit for an assortment of reasons and that was for a pathetic 500 MB.  Not even half a gig and $50????  That is insane.  Other companies have 'unlimited data' where it just slows down (pretty drastically) once you crack your limit, while other let you stop data at the limit.  Why is Fido so far behind everyone else?  One more of these charges and I might just eat the balance on the phone and leave anyways as it angers me so much.  I'd call in but last time I called I got dinged for $10, so clearly Fido is not a company any sane person wants to deal with.  It is a shame as years ago when I signed her up with Fido it was the best option but now it is falling behind everyone else badly.  I have 2 other daughters who use other companies with no issue and I'm with Freedom and very happy.  No extra charges there.  Let me know if there are any other options with Fido to deal with this - FYI: she has a 13 GB data plan now but has children of her own and uses it to entertain them when away from the house.

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @JNorthey,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does offer plans with data overage protection, you will need to switch your plan if you want to take advantage of that feature. To learn more about Fido's data overage protection see here.

Fido will only charge a $10 fee when a customer service representative performs one of these transactions on your behalf.

• Making a payment
  • Updating method of payment
  • Updated contact information (email, phone)
  • Resetting Voice Messaging password
  • Changing Name Display for Call Display
  • Changing billing address

These can all be done through self-serve to avoid the fee, see here for all of Fido's administrative charges.

JNorthey

I just got an offer from Fido when I logged in - xl2 with 15GB but I'm not certain if it has the 'no limit' added on.  It says 'Overage Rate: Not Applicable' but in full details it says "Additional Data: $10/100 MB. Data overage cap feature will prevent overage fees over $50" so I'm confused.  Which is it?  If it goes over would I be charged or not if I switched plans?

Hello @JNorthey,

Just log into My Account and go to your mobile dashboard, where your data usage is displayed. Look for a shield icon near your ‘Remaining data’. If the shield icon is displayed your plan includes Data Overage Protection.