cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint about Fido unreasonable charging

Neverusefido
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been charged an unreasonable and unacceptable fee of $108 while I just use Fido for no more than 48 hours. 

Here is my kind of nightmare experience with this company and it totally ruined my good mood as a new arrival of Canada:

Day 1: I went to a Fido store and tried to open a new account to get a new SIM card. I gave the store representative all the docs he needed, and then he told me that their system cannot verify my ID and that I need to contact customer service by myself to verify ID. I doubt that because all my ID are ok when I open a bank account, exchange driving license.

Day 2: Contact customer service line and got no reply, all agents just transfer the line and tell me the telephone number which is what I just call them. 

Day 3: Finally contact customer service and they found out that my name was input wrong in their system and that is why my ID verification cannot work. I ask if they can help me to figure out the problem, funny thing they told me they cannot. I must go to the store again.

Day 4: I went to the store and the store representative told me they also cannot correct my name in their system (their system is a forever lasting thing, cannot change at all even if it is their fault). So the store representative provide a solution which is they open a new account for me which means ask all my ID docs again and do all the process again. Ok, I was tired that time just want to finish this thing asap. So I got a new account and my SIM card. The store representative even not asking me and already activate the card.

Day 4 evening: Tried to register Fido online app and it kept showing that "the infomation not match their record".

Day 5: Went to the store and got reply that it was a tech problem, and woudl be ok within 24 hours. Ok, so I went back home to wait.

Day 6: Not ok to register my Fido account online

Day 7: Enough is enough. I cancle Fido and want to confirm my bill. The store told me it won't be too much, after all, I used it no more than 48 hours.

Today, I got the bill CAD 108. I am fed up with this whole thing. The worst and most unacceptable thing especially I just arrive this country and meet this funny funny service.

I paid the bill because I am afraid my credit will be influenced as I am just arrive Canada. But it does not mean I accept this disgusting bill and all those disgusting service.

@Fido

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of  your difficulties getting your services.

@Neverusefido wrote:

.... So I got a new account and my SIM card. The store representative even not asking me and already activate the card...

You should note that the service is activated when you first open the account and receive your SIM card. It is not possible to open an account and activate the service at a later time.

@Neverusefido wrote:

...I cancle Fido and want to confirm my bill. The store told me it won't be too much, after all, I used it no more than 48 hours.

Today, I got the bill CAD 108. I am fed up with this whole thing. ....

When a post-paid account is opened, its billing cycle generally begins after a day or so after the account was opened. For the days before the billing cycle starts, the charges are prorated (monthly plan ÷ number of days in month). I understand you had cancelled your services early, however, you should note that bill was likely generated before you had cancelled your services. I also understand you had already paid that bill. Since you have already paid that amount, there will likely be a credit on your account for the remaining balance of what you paid. Generally, Fido will refund the remaining balance and send it to the address they have on file.

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we would not have access to customers' account information. If you would like to verify your address on file, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers