cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans details

Tom_
I'm a participant level 1

Hi! I want to change plans but I need some information.

When does the change take effect? Immediatly or next billing month?

If immediatly, how exactly will it affects my bill and my data for the remaining days of my bill cycle?

Would it be better to wait for the last day of my bill cycle to change plans?

I tried to look it up but some say it takes effect immediately while others say not until next billing month so i need a definitive answer.

Thanks a lot!!

8 REPLIES 8

Taranjitsingh39

Hi 

Hello Taranjitsingh39,

Welcome to the community!

Is there something for which you would like assistance?

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hi @Tom_,

If you process the plan change online yourself the change will happen right away and your invoice will be prorated meaning you will just pay for the days you had the old plan and the days you have the new plan.

Once you make the switch you will have access to the full data bucket of the new plan.

You can always make the change through customer service and ask them to set the new plan to take effect on your new billing cycle.

LH2022
I'm a participant level 2

Should, but I just changed from the $54 data plan to the $15 talk and text (has 250mb data anyway) and sinc eit wsn't offered online (no talk and text ws offered at all) I called and the agent offered this but said it can only be changed at the end of the cycle. 20 days from now. Did he lie?  

Hello LH2022,

Firstly, you should also note that this is the community forum and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not be able to offer a definitive answer to your specific question.

To clarify, though, the $15 plan you note is one of Fido's Basic plans which are separate from their Talk & Text plan. The latter does not include any data.

I am not sure why you were not offered that plan online. Both the Talk & Text and Basic plans seemed to be available when I trialed a change of my plan. Though, both plan types were offered at different stages of the process. 

In general, Fido does prorate fees and accomodates usage when switching from one Data, Text & Text plan to another of the same type (see here). However, your situation may be slightly different from the one discussed previously in this thread. When switching between differing plan types, they do state all usage will be prorated. That said, the Basic plan you chose has a limited number of minutes (and data). It's possible that if you've already exceeded the monthly minute allocation, that plan would not be effective until the end of your current billing cycle.

If you wish to discuss the matter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

LH2022

Thanks, not sure why to contact service if I don't think he lied or can prove it ?!

I myself was interested why I was not offered anything online but the CSR could not answer that question.

No talk and text was offered at all and the lowest cost data talk and text was $35 for 20GB I think.

Can't show now as "plan change is pending" on the 29th. 

The payment will only be taken out on the 14th. Barely used it so no overage.

No device or any kind of contract. Also not pay as you go change.

Hey @LH2022 

Feel free to re-contact us via our channels here

We'll be happy to help you! 😀

LH2022

I actually did ask again today. The answer was. If I switch from a higher cost plan to a lower cost, it has to be at the end of the cycle. Would be nice if this would be written so not like every CSR makes up the reason on the spot.