cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing number of rings for voicemail iPhone

marccram
I'm a participant level 2

I have a Iphone 4 and want to change the number of rings (or time) before it goes to voicemail. Customer support "couldn't help.

I did find the *61*+1voicemailnumber*1130# solution on internet, but always get error when done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Marc

I'm new here and realize there may be a post about this already but a quick search didn't show much.

7 REPLIES 7

TiloFido
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

same question here, how can I change the delay before the VM answers or disable VM for phone off/airplane mode/not in service?

This Voicemail / Voicemessage feature are as old as VM so why are they not supported by Fido?

marccram

Thanks Tilo for the thumbs up,

Had pretty much forgot about this post, seems like nothing has changed and there is no way to change it. Alwsys find it stupid that there are not options on these features for the users that pay a monthly fee.

They don't really seem to think of the end user..come on Fido, 4 rings and no options, Lame!

Marc

Hi TiloFido.

We're not able to change the number of rings before a call is forwarded to the voicemail. It's been standardized for all customers. 

You can check out our blog post for more details about the voicemail service here.

Hope this helps! 

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone!

Good news - as of today, it's possible to extend the number of rings to 6 (30 seconds) before a call is forwarded to voicemail.

Note that this is only available to monthly postpaid accounts and Fido Home Phone accounts.

You can send a PM to @FidoSolutions here in the Community or choose another way to Contact Us if you'd like to update your voicemail to 6 rings.

Enjoy Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry its not supported on fido, it will always be 20 seconds, which is 4 rings

Wackeym
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Can this not be changed ?  4 rings or 20 seconds is not enough. 

Sorry, Wackeym, it can't be Sad