cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing delivery method

Charbaby66
I'm a contributor level 1

I just spent an hour writing a post that got an authentication error when I tried to post it. I am so close to cancelling my order, my account and even my Fido credit card because I am so frustrated..

Long story short I want to change my delivery method on a self serve order that online support told me to call  a rep to do and after explaining multiple times my issue was told she 'has a note' saying we cant do that. The order is pending and will not process until tomorrow.. if you want more details of the whole litany of issues this order has caused me I would be happy to go into more detail and maybe a rant or two... 

I just want to post this cry for help before it disappears into the ether too.. 

10 REPLIES 10

Charbaby66

I did receive the phone by Fed Ex on July 8th. There was one last issue however. All Fido deliveries require signature verification by the recipient. The courier left the package outside my apartment door without getting one. I had been tracking it on their website and then asked for email updates. Imagine my surprise after waiting up all day for my phone to ring when they buzzed to be let in to get an email that the package was delivered and signed by me as received! My first thought was they delivered to the wrong building as I don't know how they even got in as this is a secure building.. as I opened my door to see if it was left in the lobby I found it in the hall outside my door.

This concerns me for a few reasons - anyone who had access to the building could have taken it.. my name may have been forged.. if I did not receive the package I am not sure what recourse I would have if there was a signature on it even if I did not sign it..  legally that signature means I got the phone and am responsible for paying for it.. if there was no actual signature could an unscrupulous customer claim they did not get their phone when they did and ask for another one and have 2 for the price of one??? 

At first I wasn't going to report it because I did get the phone but I work overnight at a callcenter and took a call from a property mgmt company's tenant complaining that a package left outside his door was stolen and requesting any camera footage available.

I called support and told Shawn/Sean about this and all the reasons it bothered me enought to report it even if I did get the phone. He immediately emailed a supervisor about the delivery and took my concerns seriously. He also put the addon for device protection back on my account so my new phone is protected. 

I have not activated it, installed the sim card or updated the sim card yet as I have ordered a protective backing, case and screen protectors and they have not arrived. I don't want to take a chance of dropping it until I have it safe and pretty. 

TL:DR Make sure you choose the correct delivery option as the Fido agent cannot change it 'because they have a note'. If you have device protection you don't need to get the addon for the upgraded device, it will transfer to the new one. If you have it and try to add it to your order you will get 2 instances of it in your cart for the old device and the new then an error page. If you call to remove it then retry placing the order you will get an error page unless you do not addon device protection. You will need to call to have it added back on. You are required to sign for you delivery. If your courier leaves the package without you signing for it call Fido to report it. If the courier says you signed it and you did not put in a complaint to the courier. FedEx customer service is awful and the wait times are long. Fido customer service ranges from poor to good to excellent YMMV. Sometimes the best Fido customer service, help and empathy is from other Fido customers in these forums.

Hello again,

Glad to hear you've received your phone! 😀

I would also be concerned about having it left in the hallway, claiming to have gotten your signature. I understand the couriers can be busy, however, there is no excuse for such behaviour.

Cheers

Charbaby66

Thank you. Additional details are posted in 2 replies below the original post. 

This is an upgrade. I finished paying for my Sansung A8 last November. I dropped it a couple of weeks ago and broke the screen and the backplate. It is a better option to get a new phone as it is out of warranty and the new phone would not cost much more than trying to fix this one which I will retire when I get the new one. I do not need 2 lines. Tablet guy said I would need to get another line for the tablet he wanted to sell me but I am not sure why as my samsung A7 connects by wifi just fine ..but I bought it from Staples not Fido maybe that is why.. 

I can't  believe I have to still go into a store to update the sim.. the whole self serve option seems very self defeating.. since they cant or wont change the order to in store pickup this is becoming both a nuisance and an inconvenience. 

I dont know why neither the chat rep or tablet guy told me about the protection transferring to the new phone or caught that my issue in placing the order and the page crashing was because of adding another instance of the protection. 

I I am going to sleep on it and decide if to cancel the order and my account. My home phone is with Telus and their reps are more knowledgeable and helpful than Fido. I am truly not impressed. I appreciate you reaching out. You have been more helpful and interested than anyone at Fido. .. i guess being a loyal on time paying customer means little. They much not make much as they seem very hungry for their commissions and $45 fees!

FWIW I am a supervisor at a call center. We would warn or write up agents who treated customers like this.. just sayin...

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, I cannot assist with changing the order to same day pick-up. Only customer service would be able to help out with that. However, it's possible the online ordering system has not synchronised with customer service systems so they might not be able to change things until it updates.

To clarify, did they remove the device protection on your current phone? If you choose to keep the order, you might consider verifying whether you still have the protection on your line. Normally, the protection is applied on the device most recently use with the SIM associated with the line with purchased device protection. If you update your SIM card on your account, the protection would transfer to the device using that SIM card.

From what you mentioned, it appears as though you have a post-paid plan. If correct, you can update your SIM card online via My Account. You can follow the workflow outlined below.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Charbaby66

Thank you again.. 

Yes the protection is removed from my device/line. I have the confirmation email. It is also showing as removed to the rep I spoke to today. I hope I can reinstall it for the new phone. 

She said she had a note saying she could not do this namely change the delivery to pick up not that the system was not updated or whatnot.. I wish a Fido rep would comment here about this..

I get billed monthly for my plan and auto pay with my Fido credit card.

I will definitely follow your procedure to update the sim numbers.. I presume this is the trick to transfer my phone number to the new sim?

I hope you get some sort of reward besides a warm fuzzy feeling for being so helpful Smiley

Hello again,

I love the warm fuzzies! 😀

@Charbaby66 wrote:.... I presume this is the trick to transfer my phone number to the new sim?...

Your phone number is associated with the line on your account. The SIM card is also associated with the line on your account. By updating your SIM card, you replace your old SIM card information with the new SIM card. Since your new SIM card will then be associated with your line, it will also be linked with your phone number.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Charbaby66

It took me a while but I found that the order page only stopped crashing once I did not addon protection. I work nights and was so tired and frustrated after it taking 2 hours to get the order placed, I asked for it to be shipped but forgot today was the Canada Day holiday. So 2 business days will stretch into mid next week. Since I have not received the confirmation email that it has been processed or shipped yet I would like to pick it up from a Fido store instead. This was the other option besides shipping it. The store nearest to me has the phone in stock. Support online said to call for a rep to modify the order. 

I called first thing this morning and had trouble getting the rep to understand what I wanted. I told her the story this far. She said I see you removed device protection and I can't change that. I said that is not why I am calling and explained again I wanted to change the order from being shipped to same day pickup. She said she can place my order for the phone but I would be charged $45. I told her I already placed it. She said she would check, that it would process tomorrow and I should get it next week. I told her that was why I was calling and since it hadn't processed I would like to change the delivery method. She then said she can't she has a note saying they don't do that.. she then half heartedly offered to speak to a supervisor to see if they would make an exception but probably not.. since she had a note. I said then it seems useless for you to do that and that I am frustrated that nothing I am told by a live agent seemed to match what online support says..it seems geared to make us  pay the $45  to a rep who may high pressure us into buying stuff we dont want by people who are not listening to what we need. 

All I wanted was a new phone. With a headphone jack. And device protection. With my old plan 50+10+5GB for $95. The only thing close offered now is 17GB for $50

Now I am also concerned I wont be able to put device protection on the new phone whenever I get it as well even though the chat agent tablet guy and online support say to call to have it added on. Not happy with Fido at all right now...

Charbaby66

I placed a self serve order yesterday (after many issues) for an A52 5G keeping my plan. I wanted device protection on it.too. My cart was showing this addon for both my old phone and the new one. I talked to a rep via chat who said it would be removed from the old device after the order was placed and to call to speak to a rep if it wasn't.

They were not very helpful in answering my questions, and did not reply to 2 of 3 of them. All I wanted to know was where to find solutions as I could not find the answers (did the phone have a headphone jack - not listed in specs, can I keep my number as the sims are different so I can't just pop one to the other.. the only info I found was porting a number from another carrier..) She said it was out of stock so couldn't tell but Google says it has a jack and I decided to take the gamble and if I would have to get a new number so be it but that seemed inconvenient when upgrading..

The order page kept crashing when I got to the last step so I called in and explained the addon issue and the rep removed the existing protection. He said I could add it to my order and offered to place the order I said I could do it and he asked me to confirm the addon was removed. Then he tried to pressure me into buying a tablet because it would only cost $5 per month even after I told him I have a Samsung A7 I never use. He then told me to think about it and he would call back in an hour. (He did. I did not answer and I was not impressed either. No means no. 

Continued below...

Hello Charbaby66,

Sorry to hear of your troubles ordering your phone. To clarify, are you upgrading your phone or adding another line with a new phone?

If you are upgrading, you would not need to purchase additional device protection for that device because the protection would transfer to the new device once you have started using it. You should note that the device protection only protects one device at a time so your old device would no longer be protected. If you wished to protect both devices, I think you would need to have two lines with two device protections.

According to the Samsung website, that device does have a 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack. You should note that while the phone is capable of 5G, as far as I am aware, Fido is not currently offering 5G services. However, the device should work on the LTE and '3G' networks.

If you are upgrading your phone and the SIM-sizes are different, you will need to update the SIM card information on your account. You can do so via My Account --> Profile & Settings --> Usage & Services --> Mobile. From there you would need to select Update SIM card (under Quick Actions, near bottom of page). In order to update your SIM card information, you will need your old SIM card number as well as your new SIM card number (see here). You should note that if your plan is pre-paid, you would likely have to go to a store with ID to update your SIM card.

Unfortunately, I am unable to see anything after

@Charbaby66 wrote:...Continued below...

Were there any additional questions for which you wanted answered?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Charbaby66

Thank you Cawtau

I replied to you out of sync so my comments are in a post in the thread as well as the rest of the story .. 

Appreciate you taking the time ...