cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up voicemail

ajkit
I'm a participant level 1

I have tried using the retrieval code found in another topic on this board, I have tried simply dialing my own number, all to no avail. After asking me to enter my 10-digit Fido number, it tells me the number isn't valid.

I have the $35 monthly prepaid plan and would simply like to set the voicemail up. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I am in Ontario by the way.

15 REPLIES 15

Silveroo
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

thanks for this precious information, I was able to get my voicemail.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey ajkit!

Here are the retrieval numbers for Ontario:

Ontario (except Ottawa):

Before February 16th, 2009: +14168221123
Between February 16th and December 9th, 2009: +16478396134
As of December 9th, 2009: +16479971131

Ottawa:

Before February 16th, 2009: +15149921123
As of February 16th, 2009: +15145838210

Please note that if the number would normally be a long distance call for you, as long as you are within your local calling area, the call will be considered local and will only be using your minutes.

If calling those numbers does not work, then, it would be because the voicemail has not been added to your account during the activation process. You would have to contact customer service for them to add it for you. This can be done either via e-mail through the Contact Us page or by calling in at 611 from your Fido, options 4 - 4 - 1 to speak to someone.

I hope this helps! Very_Happy

skashi

Hi, I am having same trouble setting up my voicemail. When i call the retreival #, it says my number is invalid.

I am difficulties to get through Support, maybe because of the holiday season. Could you help me with the voicemail setup. 

Hey @skashi,

Here are the retrieval numbers to set up your voicemail:

Regular voicemail: +1 416 821-6549

iPhone voicemail: +1 647 839-6178

Hope it helps! 

You'll also find more details on our Voice Messaging service right here

marvinyan3

Hi, I am having trouble accessing my voicemail. I recently changed to a fido prepaid plan and now whenever I press 1 for the Fido voicemail number, I am prompted to "enter your 10 digit fido phone number followed by the pound key". However, when I do input my fido number, it tells me the number isn't valid.

I called Fido support and they told me I didn't have a voicemail set up yet and that I should hold 1 and follow the prompts for a first-time set-up. But by trying to do so, I am brought to the former issue of an invalid phone number at the prompt. 

I'm not sure what the issue is but I would appreciate any help, thanks! 

Ayushi2
I'm a participant level 2

Were you able to set up?

Hey @marvinyan3, I moved your message here as this thread deals with the same topic. 

The message you're describing is what happens when you don't have voicemail on the account. 

Although it may be part of your plan, we have to add it manually and it seems it was not done. You'll have to contact us to have it added Smiley

If you prefer, we can even send you a PM here on the Community to have it done. Just let us know!

Ayushi2

Absolutely useless customer service, I was out on hold for more than 30 mins and yet noone catered to my issues.

ppdj

Hi!

I'm having the exact same problem here. It says the 10-digit number is not valid.

However, both my online account and the account that you check over the telephone system say that I already have an active voice message service.

Already tried calling FIDO customer service 3 times but they only say that it's already active and can't do anything else. They even tried resetting the voice message service but still...not working.

Any other ideas?

Thx in advance!

P.S. I'm in Montreal and the VRN works as I have another FIDO line with voice message working perfectly

Ayushi2

Is it active now?

Hello @Ayushi2 ,

Have you tried contacting your voicemail in case it was active now? 

kiahaihi

I am having the same problem. I have prepaid by minutes, just filled up with credit. I called message center and pressed my 10 digits phone number as directed,  I got a message saying "this numner is not valid".  I check my account on website and  i do have a voice message service.  Apparently, when incoming call is not forwarded to a message center right now. How do I start?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is easily solved by having fido representative open a service ticket with the engineers. perhaps there is an undocumented glitch with the mail box you are provisioned with and not with others?

Hey ppdj and kiahaihi!

Although you may have the voicemail service in your account, it is possible that the service is inactive. To know if this is the case, you may call in to customer service and ask them to verify that both the add-on and what we call the feature for the voicemail are active and not the add-on only.

Should it still not be working afterwards, the agent can open a case to have the matter looked into.

Let us know how it goes Smiley

Kayla_Fido
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

Hello all,

If you are experiencing the error "do not recognized your number" then it is best to follow FidoJudhy's advice and contact us via Facebook/Twitter/Chat.

Hope this helps!