cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send text messages but can receive texts

eagan
I'm a participant level 2
Every time I send a text message either it fails with a orange triangle and says cannot send. I have to retry sending maybe two or three times before it goes through. I've tried sending with Wi-Fi on with LTE on to see if it would help but normally my understanding with text messages and MMS is that it's going to the cellular network not the Wi-Fi network or LTE network.

I'm using it on a Fido Network on a Samsung 9 plus phone purchased through Fido.

Never had this problem before it's just started about a month ago and this happens with every text message which is very annoying. I can receive texts no problem but it's the sending that is an issue

I don't know if it's from the latest Android update or from Fido's Network so any help would be appreciated and if anyone else is having the same issue. If they are then somebody at Fido should look into this to rectify this problem. I should not have to resend Every text message , I never use to have this problem.

Thx.
3 REPLIES 3

eagan

Thx for the help

I think it is a bad cell reception that is doing it but it has gotten a bit worse lately. This is because I can send now usually when I went to another location.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Eagan,

Welcome to the community!

Are you still having issues sending messages? Have you verified that the phone has the correct SMS message centre (SMSC) number? It's possible the number might have gotten deleted following the update. The SMS message centre number for Fido is: (514) 993-1123 (see here and here). You should be able to find the SMSC under the messaging app's settings. For Samsung OneUI 3.1, Messages --> Settings --> More Settings --> Text Messages --> Message Centre. Other devices might have their menus organised slightly differently, but it should be similar.

Have you verified that the phone is using the proper APN? You can view the appropriate settings here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hope this helps

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @eagan,

You can try a few things:

1. Restart the phone
  2. Take out the SIM card then reinsert it (make sure the phone is off)
  3. Do a network reset
  4. If you have a lot of text messages try deleting some.