Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive google verification codes via SMS

uyfytd
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

Until Sunday morning, I was receiving my google verification codes via SMS completely fine. But on Monday, I tried to sign onto gmail and I never received the SMS. I have several gmail accounts all linked to the same phone number and I've never had this problem before. I've been checking every few hours the last 3 days with different accounts to see if I'd get the SMS but I haven't. I am receiving SMS from other people though. I've been with Fido for almost 2 years now. I asked a friend who also uses google two-step verification (with different carrier) if he's receiving the SMS from google when he tries to sign in just now and he said he is. Is there something blocking the SMS messages from google?

Thanks and all help is appreciated

36 REPLIES 36

Hey @Ogeid85,

Happy to learn that it ended up working Smiley

We'll be here if you need anything else.

lr333

Hi,

I have the same issue.

I tried all your solutions but nothing help.

Could you try to help me?

Hi @lr333,

Are you also having issues with the Google verification codes?

lr333

Yes, the same issue.

I tried all the solutions you suggested but without success.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

The short code that you are trying to receive a message from, is it found on the list on txt.ca?

Are you able to receive messages from other short codes?

lr333

The is an issue with the new area code 236.

I asked the customer service to change my area code to 604 and now I recived the SMS from google.

Fido should work with google to solve this area code issue, because it's a common issue.

You can also check here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/Kt75-5whAcE;context-place=topicsearchin/gmail/c...

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@Ir333 thanks for the update!

I'll forward this info to the right team. Smiley

botpet
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have the same problem with google verification codes. I got the second line with are code 437 and I never receive thos codes. I tried everything described in this thread without any luck. It must be the area code because my other line works without a problem.

Please help

lawrencelo

same area code and same issue for me

Hey @lawrencelo

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. As mentioned by FidoNick, we will update this thread as soon as we have more details Smiley

Zehlek1
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi, I am also having this issue with Google Step 2 verification and my area code is 438

Hey @Zehlek1,

I'll send you a PM to check this out with you.

Talk soon Smiley

mrsq2020

Any further update on this issue? seems it's been an ongoing issue for some time..

I'm a new Fido user and having this issue as well.. no google verification alert will deliver to my cell phone (but will to my iPad). It appears I'm having an issue with SMS short codes in general now.. bank alerts also will not deliver. Kind of stumped.. have contacted Fido Tech Support and the bank and neither is sure what's going on.  No issue with SMS alerts with previous cell phone provider and still using the same phone (iphone 8). only change is  new provider.

I've replied to your other post @mrsq2020

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @botpet! Thanks for flagging Smiley

We're aware some customers are experiencing this, and we're going to look into it!

We'll update the thread once we have more news.

Hey @dchang.

We are now trying to find more information for you.

As soon as we get more info, we will get back to you here Smiley

@Community : Anyone can help our friend with this?