Cannot Change my Plan

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Cannot Change my Plan

When I tried to change my plan, or even view available plans, I get the message "We’re sorry, but only the account holder can upgrade phones or make plan changes on this account. Please contact them so they can complete this transaction on your behalf."

What does this mean? I am actually using my own account.

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Change my Plan

Hello @Nishikino_D,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like when you register on fido.ca you might have register as a subscriber and not as an account holder. To confirm login to your account and see if you have access to the billing information if not then you are register as a subscriber and you will need to re-register and this time choose account holder.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Solution

Hello @Nishikino_D,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like when you register on fido.ca you might have register as a subscriber and not as an account holder. To confirm login to your account and see if you have access to the billing information if not then you are register as a subscriber and you will need to re-register and this time choose account holder.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

But how to re-register though, when I was trying to re-register as a account holder, and type my email as required, it just shows that this account is currently being used( I don't remember the exact words, but something like this)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Hey @Dala1,

We would need to de-link your current email address from your online profile so you can re-register as the account holder. I'm sending you a PM to help you out with that Smiley

Talk soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4