Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of Data Services

FannyLi
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

So I'm just a bit confused about the cancellation fees for data. I noticed numerous of other topics regarding cancelling of both phone and data services, but none just data. So I'm just wondering how just cancelling data works. Specific Formula or anything?

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi FannyLi,  I am a Fido customer just like you, so I hope I can clear up any confusion about the cancellation fees for Data.

There are Data options with no term, and then there are data options with term.  They are pretty much the same thing, except the term means you can not remove it before it ends, otherwise it will trigger an early cancellation charge.

I may not be able to help you calculate the formula for cancellation for data, as the data cancellation fee has changed quite a bit.  It's best to ask what is the data cancellation fee at the time you sign up for a data option, as the term and cancellation will be reflected in your account at that time, and only authorized fido personnel have access to this info, not people like y ou and me.

Another thing you may consider, instead of cancelling a data option, you can switch it to a cheaper data option, so u can go from $30 dollar data option to $15 and still retain your data term. you do not need to have that specific data option but you need to have A data option period to not trigger cancellation.