cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive phone calls

Soliquay
I'm a participant level 2

I can't make or receive phone calls,  I have restarted my phone and reinserted sim card. Still nothing. 

26 REPLIES 26

jashanpreet2604
I'm a participant level 1

Yes

Rose11

Hi, I'm not able to make any calls or send texts.

I've restarted my phone.

This is happening everywhere not just in my house

Hey @Rose11!

Welcome to the Community. Smiley

I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with your service at the moment!

Are you able to use mobile data? 

Also, have you tried your Fido SIM card in another device? 
This could help determine where the issue comes from.

lucifer88
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

i can't use anything ?? ? how could this happen ?  i rely on my phone for business WTF

SudharshanS90

Hi, just got my new fido sim today morning. Activated the sim. Signal is full strength. Able to send and receive messages. Able to use mobile data. But NOT able Dial or Receive Calls!!!!. Same issue as everyone posted. I tried resetting factory settings, restarted phone, sim reinserted. Nothing working out. It's really frustrating. Kindly help me out of this at the earliest. I am need to attend few interview calls in the coming week. Your timely help will be much appreciated.

Avneet4

Hii , I m facing the same issue . Is your issue got resolved. If yes, then how?? Pls help me out.

Hitalbert

My cellphone met the same issue! 

Hey @Hitalbert

What's your phone model? Have you tried to restart your phone to see if you get the same result?

Hey @SudharshanS90,

Welcome to the community!

I'll be happy to help you out! Please answer the following:

1. Can you tell me a bit more about what happens when you make a call? Do you get an error message?

2. Can you also tell me what kind of phone you have and whether it's fully updated or not, please?

Let us know! 😊

SudharshanS90

Hello Anthony,

Thank for your prompt reply. Find below my answers:

1. Can you tell me a bit more about what happens when you make a call? Do you get an error message?

A: there are no error message if i make a call. its just dead silent. If someone calls me, the call is redirected to voice msg.

2. Can you also tell me what kind of phone you have and whether it's fully updated or not, please?

A: i am using a Nokia 6.1 Android Version 10 and it is fully updated. I am just looking at the APN settings, however its too exhaustive dont know what exactly needs to be changed in those settings.

Would be glad, if you could give some advice. I could see many have encountered this issue, eager to know how they fixed this issue.

Regards,

Sudharshan. S

Hi @SudharshanS90 ! Smiley

Here are the steps to configure the APN settings in your device :

• Tap on Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names;
  • Once on the APN screen, press the Options button on the device;
  • Tap on New APN
  • Enter a name into the APN Name field.
  • Please insert the following APN settings:

APN Settings:

• APN: Fido-core-appl1.apn
    • If you have a LTE device, use the following setting: LTEMOBILE.APN

MMS (Picture & Video Messaging Settings):

• Leave the following fields blank: Proxy, Port, User Name, Password, Server
  • Press the Options button on your device, tap on Save in order to save the APN settings.
  • Restart the phone.

Keep us posted!

Asim01

Having the same issue. Can't make and receive the call. Tried to call customer service but gave up after very long on-hold. 

TheAnalogKid

Are you in Halifax?  I suddenly can't make/receive in my own house as of 2 hours ago.  

@Soliquay, @TheAnalogKid

Hey, 

We're aware that some of our customers are experiencing this and our technical teams are working hard to restore the service as fast as possible.

We appreciate your understanding and patience on this! 

Patrizia1

Unable to make any outbound calls on my LG G5. Phone worked fine until this afternoon when I was really close to the US border but still on the Canadian side. Wondering if that has anything to do with it? I'm back in my usual range and have restarted my phone but no change. I am however receiving calls. Please help. 

Hey @Patrizia1,

Welcome to our Community!

I've moved your post to this thread since it treats the same subject, you'll be able to find more info in the solution above.

Nadimrl

I can't make or receive calls on both phones of my plan ! It's been 48h I'm having this issue 

Hey @Nadimrl

Can you tell us a little more about the situation? What happens exactly when you try to make calls? 

Are you able to send messages or use data? 

I'll send you a PM so we can help! 

Nadimrl

Hi @FidoRanya ,

Thank you for your reply, here's the situation: 

I've been having this issue since Friday night. The two phones on my plan are affected, they're both at the same address, both Galaxy A5.

We can send and receive sms, use data but we can't make or receive regular calls. When we dial a number and press call, we get the dialing screen with the contact name (or the phone number)  but it never goes to ringing, we don't hear any ringing tone or anything.

There's no problem with billing and I've tried, restart, shutdown, removing and returning the sim, scanning for malware, the toolbox in the MyAccount app, still nothing.

Thx for your help.

Avneet4

Hiii nadimrl . I  am facing the same issue . Is your issue got resolved. If yes, then how?? Pls help me out.