cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change to eSIM ?

Betdavis
I'm a participant level 1

Trying to change fro physical SIM to eSIM. Have tried over 2 days. I get the code, enter it, then get an error message that 'something went wrong'. What could be the problem ?

7 REPLIES 7

Confusedhere
I'm a contributor level 3

I've been getting conflicting info from various Fido locations in regards to costs for them to convert your physical SIM to eSIM. Some are charging you $10 and will provide you with a QR code (to take home) others won't charge you anything and they'll convert the physical to eSIM there.

Furthermore, additional inconsistent info regarding if you can revert back to the physical SIM at a later date especially if you change phones. 

And for clarity, I'm referring to actual Fido flagship stores (not indie kiosks). Interestingly, the response from the indie Fido kiosk reps  including those who provide services for other provders are more consistent in their responses than the official Fido flaghsip stores.  Clearly, Rogers/Fido is failing miserably to ensure every location conveys the same information to their staff and consequently to their customers.  

Dids1

Still not working. Is Fido ever going to fix this option? 🤣

Hello!

The cost of an eSIM is 10$ no matter where you purchase it (store, on call etc.) 

You can switch back to a physical sim, but you'll need to purchase a new one.

Confusedhere

@Dids1 

Not in the foreseeable future.

Rogers/Fido want you to visit a store and have them do it there. It's a bonus for the store because they can turn-around and charge you a fee.

With Freedom/Shaw it was painless, but the tech is not without its issues. I can't imagine how inundated AT&T, T-Mobile, and more are with tech calls about eSIMs. Only in the USA are iPhone 14 and higher sold without a physical SIM. 

Hey @Dids1 and welcome to the Community!

If you need assistance with your services, don't hesitate to reach us out through our official servicing channels here.

Keep in mind that these forums here are user-driven. In the meantime, make sure to check our Community Guidelines here. 😊

For additional SIM/eSIM support, follow this link.

FidoValerie

Hey @Betdavis !

We were indeed experiencing a technical issue with some eSIM activations online, sorry about this! 

If you're still having trouble with it on the app, you can always go in store for assistance. Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Betdavis,

Welcome to the community!

Are you trying to do it through the app I believe Fido recently rolled out this feature in the app sadly it seems to not be working, hopefully they fix it soon, you can try doing it online at fido.ca