cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to unknown number

AJLoreto
I'm a contributor level 1

I have been charged with Long Distance charges for calls made to a number unknown to me: +1 415-237-6105 located in Inverness, California.

How can I refute the charges?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Is it an app calling?

Has.my line been hacked?

5 REPLIES 5

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @AJLoreto! Thanks for posting, hope you're staying safe Smiley

What you're describing is definitely odd but we're confident there's an explanation for what's going on! 

Can you let us know if by any chance you maybe misdialed a number or used a third party app or service to make a call? 

Finally, did you check your phone history from that date and time to see what calls were made?

Keep us posted and we'll go from there! 

AJLoreto

I had replied with details about the calls. Dates, try one duration, etc. I don't know where it went.

AJLoreto

Anyways, Sep/9 first call.

Sep/12th, calls from 10 to midnight.

Sep/14th another call.

This pattern doesn't fit a pocket or accidental dial.

How can I dispute the charges???

AJLoreto

Screenshot_20201027-205751.png

Call log, please notice the unusual pattern!!!

How can I dispute the charges???

Hello AJLoreto,

It appears as though that call log is from your phone (as opposed to the detailed billing on your monthly bill). That would suggest that it's your phone that is making the calls. If your phone is actually making the calls, I'm not sure you can dispute the charges. I understand you may not have intended for the calls to be made, but they do appear to originate from your phone.

If this is a new occurence, have you verified that any newly installed apps are not the culprit? You might consider deleting any new apps and re-installing them one-by-one to identify a potential culprit.

Also, have you verified that your phone doesn't have any viruses or malware installed? The calling behaviour you note would suggest a possible virus or malware had infected your phone. You might consider obtaining  anti-virus and anti-malware software to scan your device and remove any culprits, if present.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers