cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding error message

MEInc
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

What can I do if I get an error message: "Setting Activation Failed Voice Call Forwarding On All Calls" 

I have an iPhone 5c, iOS latested update.  The Call Forward button under 'Settings' and 'Phone' does not work.  It just cycles.

5 REPLIES 5

Tulku
I'm a participant level 3

Btw my original contract and plan includes call forwarding for a byod plan. The technical team in fido could not come up with an answer 2 years ago and one more time in 2022

Tulku

@FidoPhilippe  I have the same issue and I have tried all the codes. Call forwarding simply does not work on Fido. Why?

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Tulku

When you access your plan's details on the Fido mobile app, do you happen to have the Call Forwarding (CF) option available in the list?

If not, it's important to note that you will be billed $0.20/min for forwarded calls. You can always reach out to us using these methods to go over your options as well.

As a side note, unconditional CF is what you'll have access to if you have a voicemail option on your line. Here are the codes to set it up on your end:

• Activate: *21*[10 digits]#
  • Cancel (But keep the number in memory): #21#
  • Re-Establish: *21#
  • Deactivate Completely: ##21#
  • Verify Status: *#21#

Just to confirm, what happens when you dial *#21# ?

Also, are you currently located in Canada and trying to forward your calls to a Canadian number?

Hope this helps Smiley

FidoPhilippe

Hey @MEInc! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

In or der to help you with your call forwarding, please answer the following:

Have you tried to use the codes to setup the call forwarding or just the phone menu? You can find those here.

Also, have you tried to restart your phone and/or have you reset your network settings?

Let us know.

Tulku

Fido sucks... I have been trying to figure out the problem for 2 years including a visit abroad when I wanted to forward the calls to another local number. I have already decided to take up an amazing offer from another provider with 5G data and all the options for the SAME price. When I called Fido customer service to check one last time before cancellation my wait period was 2 hours...Leaving Fido for good.