cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding and Canada-wide calling?

rjdennison
I'm a participant level 2

I'm looking at adding a line, and will be periodically forwarding calls to a different line.

The plan I'm looking to add to my account is the "Talk and Text" plan. This plan includes "Unlimited CanadaWide Minutes", but I notice in the fine print that:

"Plan includes calls from Canada to Canadian numbers only. On the Fido Network or in an Extended Coverage area, excluding calls made through Call Forwarding, Video Calling or similar services."

Does this mean that forwarded calls are NOT included in the "unlimited" portion of my plan, which would require me to add a call forwarding addon? (Incidentally, there is no call forwarding addon listed as an option during signup.)

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @rjdennison,

Welcome to the Fido community!

You can use call forwarding but you will be charged per minute when you use it.

2500 call forwarding minutes are included in the Premium Value Pack as an add-on.

Preminum Value Pack.jpg

Taken from here.

rjdennison

Thanks @NaliniR .

There used to be a $3 2500 minute add-on available - is that no longer an option? I don't need the additional voicemail, international text or international rates.

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @rjdennison, I know what you are referring to it's not advertised but I knew it still existed by calling customer support but this was a few years ago.

You will need to reach out to customer support and they can let you know if it still an option.