cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMPLAINT :PURE BUSINESS, ZERO EMPATHY

noorverma
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER OF FIDO FROM PAST 3 YEARS. I BOUGHT MY FIRST I PHONE WITH FIDO AND UNTILL THAT EVERYTHING WAS FINE. WHEN MY PHONE CONTRACT EXPIRED I CALLED FIDO TO CAHNGE MY PLAN AND THE OTHER REASON WAS COVID, I LOST MY JOB SO WAS NOT ABLE TO PAY 2 MONTHS BILL. THEY SAID THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO HELP ME IN ANY WAY IN CASE OF PAYMENTS , WHICH WAS A BIT SHOKING BECAUSE IT DIDN'T SEEM THEY WERE HELPING ANY PERSON DURING PANDEMIC WHICH SHOWS BAD SERVICE ON THEIR PART. BUT I MADE THE WHOLE PAYMENT ANYWAYS BECAUSE I STARTED WORKING. BUT THEN I CALLED THEM TO CHANGE MY PLAN AND GIVE MEA PLAN FOR LESS AS I HAD ALREADY PAID FOR MY PHONE, THEY CHANGED MY PLAN BUT TO MY SURPRISE I GOT A BIGGER BILL THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE. SO I CALLED THEM AGAIN AND THEY SAID THEY HAD INCLUDED $20 FOR SOME SERVICES WHICH I DID NOT ASK THEM TO DO. WELL, WHAT WAS THE POINT??? NOT HELPING US DURING THE PANDEMIC AND ALSO CHARGING US FOR THE UNNECESSARY SERVICES WAS IN BAD TATSTE. I WANTED TO CHANGE THE SERVICE RIGHT AWAY BUT BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER I WAITED. BUT YET AGAIN THEY MADE ME WAIT FR TWO MONTHS TO GIVE ME PLAN I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET. DURING OCTOBER I DID NOT MAKE MY BILL PAYMENT BECAUSE WE WERE SHIFTING TO A NEW HOUSE AND I ACCEPT THAT WAS WRONG ON MY PART BUT TO MY SURPRISE MY NUMBER WAS DISCONNECTED JUST BECAUSE I WAS LATE TO PAY THE BILL FBY TWO DAYS. WHAT ABOUT THE PAYMENTS I MADE FOR 3 YEARS AND WHAT ABOUT THE MONEY I PAID UNNECESSARILY FOR SERVICES I DIDN'T ASK FOR? WHERE'S THE REFUND FOR THAT. WHEN BANKS STOPPED THEIR MORTGAGE PAYMENTS DURING COVID AND GOVERNMENT HELPED US WITH CERB, WHAT WAS YOUR CONTRIBUTION  FIDO??? AS A LONG TERM CUSTOMER I ASK FOR AN ANSWER. AND WHEN I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE SHE HAD NO ANSWER AND SAID IT'S NOT IN OUR HANDS, THEN WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THESE DUMP PEOPLE SITTING THERE IF THEY CAN'T SATISFY THEIR CUSTOMERS. I WILL BE CHANGING MY CONNECTION RIGHT AWAY. WORST SERVICE I EVER EXPERIENCED. YOUR SLOGAN SHOULD BE PURE BUSINESS, YES. HUMANITY AND EMPATHY , ZERO. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @noorverma

Welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to see you've had this kind of impression of us. I assure you we definitely care for all of our customers and that our heartfelt concern goes out to all Canadians impacted by Covid-19. We had several initiatives in place right up until June to help prevent suspensions due to late payments, having long distances calls covered up until end of June to help people stay connected with loved ones. We want to continue helping our customers the most we can during these uncertain times and you can keep an eye on our efforts for this here

We always encourage our customers to contact us if they're having problems with their payments so we can review available options with them. If the payment isn't received by the due date it is subject to a late payment charge of 3% per month. This late payment charge will accrue on a daily basisi.  If no payment arrangement is entered however, after a certain period of time and notification relating to the late payment, the account can be suspended. You can check out more details on this in our Terms and Conditions

That being said, we would hate to see you leave and would love the chance to review the account information with you. You can reach out to us through our Contact page or if you would prefer we can also send you a PM from here. Let us know!