Be ready its long and filled with many twists.
1) Been paying device protection with fido brightstar for over 18 months, 13$ a month
2) Lost My phone in April
3) Paid 420$ to get another device Iphone Xs
4) Got the device withing next day
5) Face Id does not work so called Brightstar and they asked me to go authorized technician.
6) Went to tech and he said it cannot be repaired so I will get a another replacement
7) Brightstar took my card details and sent me another device along with CANADA POST REGULAR SHIPPING LABEL to return the First device.
8)Got the Second device , sent back the first one using LABEL THEY SENT ME.
9) Now the second device has issues with charging slot. I tried everything still cannot charge the phone.
10) Called Brightstar back asked for another device. At this point I am losing it. No phone fof one week.
11) They said ok we will send a NEW DEVICE. Took my card details again and said everything is fine.
12) Received an email asking for some documents like Lease , electricity bill etc to see if I am doing any fraud. At this point I am done and As I do not have any documents they asking , I just live in a rental place and I did not even received my Updated address for DL to sent them. It did not make sense to request my documents when the mistake is on there side.
13) Requested for a refund. So asked me to send the Device back. Received a PREPAID PRIORITY SHIPPING LABEL VIA EMAIL.
14) Sent the device back and they received it.
15) Coming to FIRST DEVICE, they did not receive the device even after three weeks. They have A UPS SHIPPING LABEL IN THEIR SYSTEM when I actually received a CANADA POST REGULAR SHIPPING LABEL which I used to sent device back to Brightstar. It has their address and mine.
16) This is a movie with many twists, I called them almost thirty times from day 1. Not a single agent know about what previous agent did. I have to explain the above content to each one of them. After almost a month Now I don't know what to do. I lost 230$ over two years which I Paid for device protection and also this 420$ which i paid for new device. In total its 650$ Loss and many phone calls which is waste of my time. I called them just when before I posted this. Stil the same the agent doesn't know anything and I decided its time to let the public know. During these times when I lost my job and living on the government help, this hit me hard. I am never going to believe anything like this in my life ever again. Brightstar doesn't care about the customers, agents doesn't know how to update the calls, their hardware department is messed up, the phones they sent have issues, their supervisors are rude. I gave up on my money at this point.I don't know if I am
an **bleep** or a fool or sometimes I even think its my mistake. I posted this so at least Someone else will not a make a mistake I did.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I can understand why you are not happy about this situation. We would be happy to go over your account to go over this situation with you.
I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.
I fully agree, Fido has the worse service when it comes to Brightstar.
When I purchased in Jan 2018, the replacement fee was 100$. My iphone broke last June and the replacement fee is now 175$. No one could help me, called both Fido and Brightstar, they told me to contact the other... Fido manager was working hard to explain to me it was not their problem nor responsibility. By then, I just decided to pay the updated fee so I can get a working phone... which came 5 days later!!!
I learned a bit later that the fee had changed in Feb 2018, one month after my purchase, and I now have both screen captures of their web info to prove it. Now, do I really want to wait in line for hours, explain it all from service level 1 to level 3? ask for the manager? He/she calls me back, or not, and argues more with me?
Of course, it's fully illegal that Fido can tell me it's 100$ at purchase time and then just change it. By the time they change the cost, I can no longer purchase the Apple care instead! (or they advise me on time? they didn't tell me, no email, no nothing).
So, does that mean that everybody that purchased between say Jan 2016 and Jan 2018 'fell through the crack'? It can't be. Somebody at Fido must have known this use case, but didn't do anything about it!
I just can't excuse myself for not purchasing the best service EVER with Applecare in the first place. I'm waiting for the end of my contract to get away from Fido.
@Oliviergilbert wrote:..Of course, it's fully illegal that Fido can tell me it's 100$ at purchase time and then just change it. By the time they change the cost, I can no longer purchase the Apple care instead! (or they advise me on time? they didn't tell me, no email, no nothing)....
While Brightstar provides the device protection for Fido, they are a separate entities. Fido didn't change repair and/or replacement costs; Brightstar did. You should have been notified by Brightstar of any price increases for their services. As well, the repair/replacement fees vary depending on the cost of your phone. You can view the fee schedule here. Strangely, I don't see a fee corresponding to the one you mentioned. You should also note that you can cancel the device coverage at any time (see previous link).
Hope this helps 😀