cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bright star is useless and scam

SA95Van
I'm a participant level 2

I bought a brand new phone in October 2020 iPhone 11 Pro. The the glass broke on January 2021 I called Fido and they ask me to claim my phone repair with Bright star,

The Bright star representative advised me that because I have never broken the glass on my phone it will be free,

If any further repair needed they will contact me and I will pay deductible of $170.

I've been waiting for the phone for a month and I received an email that says a replacement is on its way.

I called Bright star to ask why am I receiving a replacement as the only repair needed was the glass and they said that the warranty.

My phone was brand new I do not want an old refurbished phone!

I pay a ton in insurance for 17 years it's dishonest to send an old used phone for such easy repair.

Fido This scam company is reflecting on your name once the contract is ended on the phone that I'm supposed to receive (and will not pick up at UPS)

I am done with Fido.

3 REPLIES 3

SA95Van

As I mentioned my phone was five months old brand new the phone I received had a scratch as well came with the wrong charger!

Calling Brightstar again asking them why they sent me the wrong charger the reply was we didn't have to send you any...

Truly a company that care about its customers - Not!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello SA95Van,

Welcome to the community!

I can understand not wishing to receive a refurbished device. However, how do you know that the replacement device they are sending is refurbished? Brightstar states that:

REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT WILL BE NEW, REMANUFACTURED OR REFURBISHED, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION ~ taken from here.

While it's a possibility that the device might be refurbished, it's also possible they could be replacing the device with a new one.

With the iPhone 11's, Apple introduced a new warning to display if repair services don’t use an official Apple certified technician to repair or replace a damaged display (see here). So it would seem likely that Brightstar would have at least had to consult with Apple to before repairing your device. Is it possible that Apple decided to provide a new device rather than repair your screen if the device was still under warranty?

@SA95Van wrote:..I called Bright star to ask why am I receiving a replacement as the only repair needed was the glass and they said that the warranty...

I'm not sure what they meant when the referred to the warranty, but usual reference to that term doesn't necessarily mean receiving a refurbished device. Replacement under warranty usually means new device from manufacturer.

I don't know what type of device they have sent to you. It could be a refurbished device. However, it could also very well be a new device. You might consider receiving your replacement before making any judgement.

Hope this helps ðŸ˜€

Cheers

Sumit1

Thanks for sharing