cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill payment due date changes

Ike38
I'm a participant level 2

My original bill payment due date was the 27th of each month and has been for the past few months but it appears that for this cycle, Fido has changed this date to the 22nd. I was under the impression that the due dates are supposed to stay fixed based on the original service start date (the billing date hasn't changed on the latest bill, only the payment due date). Will these payment due dates keep creeping up a few days earlier each cycle? 

30 REPLIES 30

ssahoocan
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been ticked off also because of this and it seems like unfair trade practice to change the billing due date / credit period without adequate notice to customers, affecting them financially. I think this will be better represented and compensated if customers report it on the right channels as a group, highlighting the improper adherence to the Terms and conditions.

Nikbak78

I have tried every month to get help with changing the date but nothing absoulty nothing happens and they tell me it will never happen. Fido always states customer satsifation, and always here to help....bull sh#$

Americo

It is a sneaky way of stealing money legally from unsuspecting customers that just pay bills without paying attention to detail. They get money for late fees, they changed my due date to the 12th when I have been paying for my bill on the 20th for the last 12 years. It is shameful that they change contracts acting like they had no choice Fido has become shameful I have 5 contracts with them and pay $496.45 monthly. So that 1 week change is huge for me. I cannot wait until January until my contracts are done so I can go to a company that is not this shady.

Evileyes
I'm a contributor level 1

Iam also dealing with the date change as a person on my pay dates.....my bill was always on 24th then slowly it has made its way down to 15th...so called to have changed back to my original date..yeah no problem,then to my surprise extra 300 dollars added to bill,because they changed the date back to where it was originally....no mention of add cost to do so....which I never agreed for fido to move my date from to 24th down to the 15th....they did that on there own and free for them I might add...then you want moved back to original  billing date..costs more without telling you just add to bill..🤔

Not a happy customer.. a week in two people both say would be fixed and here I am still waiting to be corrected... If the original lady said would up my bill 300 by changing it ..I would of ate 5 or 10 dollars late fee...

Totally unexceptionable .

Hello Evileyes,

Sorry to hear of your situation. I am not sure of what was previously discussed. However, I didn't think it was possible to actually change the payment due date. As far as I am aware, your billing cycle is determined when you activated your services and does not change, even if you change your services. If the billing cycle has not changed and the payment due date is now 21 days after the bill date (see below), I'm not sure how the payment due date can be changed back to your original date.

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to any account information. If you would like assistance with the matter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Evileyes

Let's say my bill got charged 300 more then normal for the change... Facted..

Sent two bills separate dates July 16 due

Also July 26 Due...both total 300 dollar more then what it should of been.......from all previous years...Faceted

Which fido just slowly changed date as they wanted for free as benefit them.....then when I wanted it back to my original date yeah of course no problem... Fail to mention doing so would add 300...Facted

Only thing changed was back to my original due date....

Have called customer service

Was asked to speak to higher  up was told should receive a  call back roughly 30 mins and now just shy of 3 hrs no call back.

This is a fido page so we also have a right to express that we are not happy with service and reasons why.

So others can see the service and treatment we get from fido...

Currently never had a issue 5 years 6 to 7 lines...had great customer service...but this is a major issue and so far no one wants to fix....guess these is the service I as a loyal customer get...

Pay the bill ,no call back and be happy.

Public has a right to see people reviews & issue that arise.

I'm not one for a rant but this one has me upset.

🤔

Hello again,

I appreciate you are upset. However, I never suggested you were not entitled to share your story and experience. I only noted that the community is not intended for customer service and if you wanted assistance with your issue, you would need to re-contact them. We do not know what was done to your account and I didn't think it was even possible to change the payment due dates..

Cheers

Evileyes

By sharing info one learns...I understand you aren't customer support......you mentioned you didn't know you could change due dates....that's something you learned by our comments...you most defiantly can but seems but  has a heck of a consequence... Which they don't inform of when they do it.....

As far as calling again its been a week of calling and getting run around...first to said would be fixed..today after going through 3 people and one who was suppose to call back in 30mins...which hasn't called back at all...shows how bad the service is getting....people should know what service they are getting when signing up....that is reason I mentioned it here..

Seems like the last one said ignore and don't call back....my view of my good service has now changed to very poor solutions so called experts...

Sorry but facts are facts.

Nikbak78

I have been waiting for a call back from a manager for 5 days now, they say 24-48hrs but why should a customer wait that long for assitance, total **bleep** and they are shady

Hi there @Nikbak78  

That's unusual. I'll send you a PM here on the Community to we can look into this together. 

Hello again,

Yes, I did learn something today...

@Evileyes wrote:

...you most defiantly can ...

While it apparently is possible to change billing cycles, it is only generally done under exceptional circumstances and would not be considered something which can most definitely be done. For most people, I would still say it is not practicable to change billing cycles and therefore payment dates.

Cheers

Evileyes

Totally age with this statement you made.

" I would still say it is not practicable to change billing cycles and therefore payment dates."

Which should also go for corporations.. Because my due date went from 24th down to due on 15th...

Which is not accepted to just do.

Hence the reason I decided to make a public post....went down for free and back to normal requested  with a heftie price tag apparently.. Without a mention  of that.

Hello again,

@Evileyes wrote:

.. Because my due date went from 24th down to due on 15th...

You are confusing payment due dates with billing cycles. When they changed the payment due date from 27 days to 21 days, the billing cycle did not change. The only change made was when payment for that billing cycle was due. The actual billing cycle remained the same.

When they changed your payment due date back to your original due date, they likely had to change your actual billing cycle to accommodate. I suspect that involved cancelling your old services and activating new services with the new billing cycle. I also suspect that it's the cancelling and activation of new services which might account for the additional charges.

It was the billing cycle to which I referred in that statement. As you are now aware, it's not as simple as merely changing the payment due date. They are not going to allow some customers to have 27 days while others have 21 days for due payment. So, as far as I am aware, the only means to acheive the change would be to change billing cycles.

Cheers

Evileyes

Bottom line they changed when they wanted me to pay..which is still not acceptable.  When you sign up on your plans you are giving the billing date.....you don't sign another paper saying they can  change when ever they feel like it.....they also could of explained if that was the case you may encore a large increase on your bill...

That is why I say the customer service now sucks...

Not to mention they never did call back.....that alone speaks volumes for keeping a customer happy as well poor customer service.

This issue from customers can be found all over the internet,so its pretty obvious many unhappy customer,due to the change..

If that shoe was on the other foot and everyone said screw it and didn't pay for a month or two ...they would just cut everyone's phones of and be first to have all us in collections...

Hello again,

@Evileyes wrote:

....you don't sign another paper saying they can  change when ever they feel like it.....

When you activate and choose to use their services, you agree to their Terms of Service:

Changes.jpg

~taken from section 2c.

As noted, it is in line with the Wireless Code section D2.

@Evileyes wrote:

...If that shoe was on the other foot and everyone said screw it and didn't pay for a month or two ...they would just cut everyone's phones of and be first to have all us in collections...

The difference is that by agreeing to use their services, you are obligated to pay for said services by the payment due date.

Cheers

Evileyes

That must be in the novel they have you sign..but show me where it says they have the right to charge you or not explain that making that change  would cause such a  increase to your service ..

I never received a text ,phone call or email stating change...so without confirmation of that 30 days would that not make a current contract non void..also from the 24th to the 15th happen over months for me slowly.....also don't you think if they hide it in a bill with 7 phones to scroll through to make sure all is OK ..It should be top head line...

No matter how one spins this refusing to call back a  customer after saying one would get a call back is pretty bad customer relations.

Simple call back would of saved all this but that choice was someone from fido/rogers to not call back.

Also crtc says simple read,well 20 pages isn't a simple read that's done in a few minutes when getting service.

Well Monday will be another call let's see how that one goes..

Hey @Evileyes,

We'll be happy to go over the situation with you.

There are several ways to reach customer service:

- On the phone (by dialing 611 from your Fido device), you will have a call back option instead of waiting on the line.

- Via live chat on Fido.ca.

- By writing us a private message on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram).

Hope to talk to you soon. 

Hey @ssahoocan, 

That's not what we want to hear.

We'll be happy to go over the situation with you.

There are several ways to reach customer service:

- On the phone (by dialing 611 from your Fido device), you will have a call back option instead of waiting on the line.

- Via live chat on Fido.ca.

- By writing us a private message on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram).

Hope to talk to you soon. 

FidoValerie

Hey @Ike38 Smiley

Welcome to the Community! 

Starting April 10th, the new payment required date for Fido bills is 21 days after the bill date (previously 27 days). 

This new change ensures that our customers aren’t penalized for the payment posting timelines of financial institutions (i.e the time it takes for the payment to be posted into our system by the financial institutions).

The bill will be considered paid once the payment is made through a financial institution by the new required payment date.

We informed our impacted customers about this change using bill messages.

Hope this helps!  

sahe
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Why I'm not notified by this change when i made payment last month. I normally download the bill by the set date and was surprised by the change this month. I did not paid attention last month,which I paid early,  about the change. You made the payment due date change 6days early is definitely screw up alot of people. Now, why should I pay penalty (interest) on that.