cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be aware of shaw academy

Cat23
I'm a participant level 2

you have to call to cancel membership. I got charged even if I "thought" I cancelled it. They also spam you with text messages. This is not cool. 70$ was charged to my card

6 REPLIES 6

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Cat23

Welcome to the community Smiley

Shaw academy would be able to assist you with managing your subscription and their services. You can email them directly for support at support@shawacademy.com

Can you reach out to them and let us know how it goes?

Cat23

Hi! I already have. The only option they gave me was a free subscription for 6 months. They seem to be doing this to alot of people who accept free trials. They do spam you with text messages. I cannot imagine Fido would accept to endorse this kind of behavior, especially during the covid 19  crisis. Taking 70$ and not refunding when I haven't even opened one of the courses, is a shame. Like you may be aware, slot of people cannot work at the moment. This is a lack of ethics on their behalf.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, 

While we do provide the promotions, they are handled via Shaw Academy and their own terms.

It is possible that the subscription had to be cancelled before the free trial ended to avoid any charges.Usually everything is explained during the sign up process for the trial.

If you still have concerns about this, you can reach back out to them by email.

iamjustme
I'm a participant level 1

I join shaw academy because of fidos free one month course! but now, as I check in my credit card Shaw academy billed me $59. I called them to cancel and have refund , but its not refundable! What a waste! 

Hey @iamjustme

I moved your post here as it seems to fit the topic. 

iamjustme

do you have update on shaw academy? mine was charged yesterday . and I called today and it was non refundable!