cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYOP Plan Rate Increase

hannahkimm
I'm a participant level 1

Just received a 'friendly' reminder email titled 'find better value in a new plan before your price goes up' for the price increase for my plan.

It really is a shame how my originaly BYOP $40 plan turns into $50 with $5 increase here and there without any additional value.  On top of that, the limited and exclusive plan that Fido offers me in the email is for exactly the same price , the same amount of data, messaging and calling 👀...... How is this the better value? 

5 REPLIES 5

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @hannahkimm 

Welcome to the community!🙂

I'm sorry your current plan will be affected.  I do not have the same plan as you and, as a consequence, I didn't receive that email reminder that offers you to find a better plan or to keep the same plan and pay an extra $10 etc.

The plan that offers a better value may be a smaller data plan then. You are not obligated to take on the offered plan you can compare first with other promotions on Fido.ca

There are many promotions and they change often with new ones almost every day! 

I encourage you to look at what are the best option for you! You still have time to decide.

Let us know what is the most important factors for you price ? Data ? and the forum can give suggestions.

Cheers!

armin19

it's amazing how fido goes out of their way to email and txt me about their garbage home internet plans but when a price increase is coming, it's on the bill's fine print

knocked down my 4gb plan back to 2gb until i buy a new device on a new carrier, not putting up with this **bleep**.

give yourselves a pat on the back, great job.

Hello @armin19

We want your experience to positive with us. It's unfortunate that you don't feel that way and are thinking about leaving us.

While I understand a price increase is never fun, we sometimes have to adjust the pricing so we can continue investing in our services and network so are customers can benefit from it.

That said, we are transparent with our customers and this is why we communicate any account related information that impacts specific accounts through invoices only.

If you want to take a look at your options with us, you can reach out to us through our Social Media channels or we can send you a PM here.

moontune
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Now I have found out what is going on. Price increase in a very small print. Like I said in another post there is no loyalty now staying with Fido after all of these years so going to see if Telus will look after me a little better.

It seems as if every few years its better to change providers to get a good deal. Very frustrating.

Hey @moontune!

We aim to limit any price increases as much as we can however they are sometimes necessary in order to reflect the ongoing investments in our networks and services. 

That said we do appreciate your loyalty and we'd hate to see you go! Keep an eye out as our offers change often and you can always log in to your fido.ca account to view your options and even change your plan Smiley