cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are incoming calls part of daytime minutes?

rioslais
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

my plan is 

Bring Your Own Phone Plan $40.00
which I have 500min per month. Does it include incoming calls as well? 
I just paid a lot of extra usages because no one ever told me that. I always though that 500 min were for outcoming calls..

4 REPLIES 4

Meldar
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

My teens have a 100 minute plan for emergency usage and it is very confusing when you can use the phone and which minutes are billable and which are included it is a virtual nightmare without a way to notify is something goes wrong. Intentionally difficult to monitor so you "super size"your plan. Fido agent "oh I'm so sorry this happened ....instead of clarifying and fixing the charges lets go ahead and keep the overage charges and move you to a bigger plan even though it happened once erroneously so we can bill you more monthly for a big plan you don't need so we can't over charge you later when you can't figure out our ridiculously confusing minutes rules.". Sound about right? 

Fido's minute usage rules explained....you can use your 100 free minutes at anytime....but daytime minutes are free unless the sky is blue or the parrot sees his shadow or the dog farts or the square root of the hypotenus is 37cm Sq with an angle of 37.5 degrees but only in the sun on Tuesday with a Shaman present. 

Hello Meldar,

I replied to your other post here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there,

Welcome to our Community, @rioslais! Smiley

I definitely get that having over usage charges on your bill is not a pleasant surprise!

As @KAPABLE-K mentioned, unless the plan features description states otherwise, the 500 minutes that come with your plan would be for both incoming and outgoing calls. 

You can see the details of your plan on your monthly bill on page 3. We should've also sent you an email with your plan details at the time you activated / changed the plan. 

Hope this helps clarify Smiley

If you'd like to revise your plan options, here are all the different ways to reach out to us for account specific questions.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @rioslais,

Welcome to the community!

Unless otherwise stated 500 minutes a month means just that, when you got the plan you would have been told and even if you were not it would be in your contract.

Your plan details is also printed on your bill every month.