Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An age-old issue: cannot set up voicemail

zuosiyuan001
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

I checked the Q&A online about this issue from other customers who had identical description on it:

Long press 1 (Voicemail retrieval number Ontario +14168216549) → 10-digit phone number ending with # → (Ding) Phone number is invalid

Said that should be a first-time set-up of the 4-digit access code but nothing out there.

Called the customer service and they said I do have the voicemail service and they reset my access code and asked me to check it again. Still the same.

And I never set a 4 digit access code before, only the 10-digit phone number request every time.

Went to a store and the staff could do nothing, either.

Does BRING-MY-OWN-PHONE matter? I did not buy my phone in Fido store.

I am looking for your kind help. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

zuosiyuan001

I got this number as well as Fido service in Ottawa is that the issue? Because I saw years ago Ottawa had its own voicemail number but now only one number (+14168216549)

Hey @zuosiyuan001 ! Thank you for posting on the Community, welcome aboard. Smiley 

We will send a PM your way in a moment so we can troubleshoot this together.

Talk to you there! 

MuMu3
I'm a participant level 1
Click here

Experiencing the same issue here and it's making it very stressful. 

What can I do? I need voicemail and if this issue is not solved by the end of this month, thinking to move to a different company. 

Hey @MuMu3

We definitely don't want to see you go.

I'll send you a PM shortly so we can look into the voicemail situation with you. Talk soon.

Hi, I'm having the same issue and I cannot get it fixed. Would it be possible to help me?

Hey @739653491, Welcome to the Community

We will send you a PM shortly so that we can look at your voicemail situation together.

Talk to you soon!