cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add support for Safari AutoFill

Frew
I'm a participant level 3

Fido is currently, the only web site I can't use credit card AutoFill with Safari when I want to quickly pay my monthly bill.

I already complained many years ago about this and, nothing has changed.

Will you, one day, finally start to support AutoFill with Safari so that I can easily pay my bill when I don't have my wallet with me? Literally everyone else was able to implement this feature years ago, I'm certain your developers can also easily do this without problem.

12 REPLIES 12

FidoValerie

Hey @Frew  Smiley

Thank you for your feedback! I definitely understand that AutoFill is a great convenient way to pay with a credit card.

Did you have any luck using AutoFill with other browsers or the My Account app? 

Let us know!

Frew

The My Account app does not offer this feature. You have to manually enter the full credit card information each time you make a payment so, using it is not a solution to this problem.

As for using another browser, I wont do this since I don't trust their security.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

It's always more secure to enter details manually Smiley

inscrip
I'm a contributor level 1

No it's not. Fido needs to update this, it's the most frustrating thing, and has a simple fix.

the only reason they would not add this is to make it a chore to pay, hoping you'd just add 'auto-pay'.
've been with Fido for 10 years and this needs to be fixed.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @inscrip

We do appreciate the feedback, though we currently don't support that feature for security reasons.

If you wish to have a convenient payment method we do offer automatic payments, as you've mentioned Smiley

You can set up your credit card on file so that the payments are automatically taken each month. What this means for you:

1. Payments will be taken on the same day every month to make it easier to keep track of your payments.
  2. Piece of mind as you no longer need to manually input your credit card details or make the payment every month.

Hope this helps!

Frew

I personnaly think that having my physical credit card stolen from me is much easier to do than stealing my phone along with my biometrics identidy and a complex pass phrase. On the other hand, having to enter those informations by hand each time I want to pay my bill force me to wait till I'm alone, somewhere where no one can look over my shoulder while I do this. Also, automatic payments is a huge security risk to anyone that use it since, our payments informations will be stored on Fido's server and, I don't have any confidence in how secure it is. You just have to look at how many big companies have been hacked in recent years to understand this.

It may not be 100% secure, nothig is but, a fully encrypted password manager is the most secure way to store this information and have it entered automatically without anyone seeing it. Also, it is much simpler and faster to use to me.

inscrip

Can you explain the security reasons in more detail please?

Much appreciated!

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @inscrip, @Frew,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We'll be happy to gather more details on this for you and share an update on our findings.

Could you also please confirm if you have the latest version of your MacOS installed? This should also ensure that you have the latest version of Safari.

Let us know!

inscrip

Yes. 100% up-to-date with everything, MacOS and Safari.

Thanks!

Frew

Everything is latest version.

iOS 15.6 on my phone and macOS 12.5.

Neighter the web site nor the iOS app let met use credit card auto-fill.

inscrip

Yep, makes it a real inconvenience when you want to quickly pay your bill while you're on the run.  This is the only App/Website in my life that doesn't auto fill my secure credit card info.

Good afternoon, 

Just to let you know, we are still looking to acquire additional information on this. 

We thank you for your patience