cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add or Change PIN email

BtownB
I'm a participant level 2

I received and email from noreply@fidomobile.ca with the subject line "Add or change PIN - (confirmation number)" saying that i requested to add a new PIN or change exisitng PIN and some other info, but i did not request this.  Is this a scam or has someone hacked my account?

13 REPLIES 13

FidoKenny

Hello @BtownB and welcome to the Community.

This doesn't sound like Fido email. Was it sent on the same email which is associated to your Fido account?

BtownB

Yes it was sent to the same email I have associated with my account.

Thanks for the reply 👀👍

What's the exact email that you received that message from?  @BtownB 

tj8
I'm a participant level 1

I've also just received the same suspicious email to the email associated with my fido account. 

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @tj8,

I'll send you a PM to check it out. Talk soon Smiley

sol_park

I also received this email today. Could someone help me?

sam2445

I also received the same email but I've ignored it until now. Should I take further action?

neilnshen

I have just received the same email at the middle of the night from Fido too. I just found out that there was a fraud to my account earlier today, so sounds like someone hacked my account again. However I checked my account online and there was nothing going on. What do I do in this case?

Hey @neilnshen,

We can definitely go over your account with you. 

Feel free to reach out to us through these channels. Alternatively, we can send you a private message via the community.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed. 😃

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Community!

Just to clarify, this is a Fido email that we do send in some cases. If you do receive such an email, please make sure to reach out to our Validation Team at 1-800-644-7174 for further assistance. The email you've received and the restriction that ensues on your Fido.ca profile is done as a precaution on our end.

Once you speak with our Validation Team, they will update your account's info if applicable, and remove any block on your account. They will also confirm your account's details and clarify the situation. We also advise to set up a security PIN or modify the current one going onward.

Hope this helps!

Hey @sol_park and @sam2445!

We'll send you a PM to look into it. Smiley

nsbruce

Hi I just received the same email. It was sent to an email address which I only use with fido - nothing else. I've logged into my account but I can't see anything to do with PIN numbers.

Let's take a look at your account together 👀👍

There's a PM coming your way. Talk to you soon.