cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on added wthout my consent

chemistua
I'm a contributor level 1

I have recently received the bill and it is $10+taxes more than I usually pay.

When logged into my online account it shows that the data add-on has been added on October 9, 2019.

When I make changes Fido sends me the details - this time it DID NOT receive any pdf with the details regarding the changes.

It looks like the add-on was added silently.

Texting CANCEL to 222 returns the message that I have no monthly data add-on.

Back in the days, I was charged for the texts sent from the US - but I have never been to the US.

I am not going to pay for the service I DID NOT order and want to have the add-on removed and my bill adjusted accordingly.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

chemistua

So the story continued.

Got my bill which is CAD 1.80 I usually pay. From what I see in the bill it is because of the 3Gb add-on added and removed (prorated charge for the add-on I did not add).

It makes me believe that my next bill will be CAD 1.80 less (since I *DID NOT* add the 3 Gb add-on and it was removed from my account manually by Fido representative).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

P.S. I would appreciate if my latest bill will get reviewed and the prorated charge will get removed from it.

Hey there @chemistua, thanks for coming to the community to share your experience. 

I have a few questions. 

Usually when adding a Data Top-Up your receive a text confirmation to your number. 

Do you have any recollection of receiving a text message confirming this?

Also, do you remember removing it?

Hope to hear from you soon!

chemistua

I DID NOT make any changes to my account - I did not add any add-ons. When I text 222 I get this

Sorry! You don't currently have a monthly data add-on. To get one, select one of the options below. These are charged to your account every month until you choose to cancel.  Reply "A" to add 3GB for $30/month Reply "B" to add 1.5GB for $20/month Reply "C" to add 300MB for $10/month  To remove this add-on, text “CANCEL” to 222 or visit www.fido.ca/myaccountapp/managedata at any time.

I hsve just texted Cancel to 222 and got this reply.

Also, since I have not made any changes to mh account by myself I did not receuve an updated Terms and Conditions pdf.

Thanks for keeping us posted @chemistua , that's definitely odd. 

We'll keep looking into this with you in PM! 

Talk to you soon. 

chemistua

Hello!

It has been almost 10 hours since the last reply but I did not receive any PM so far 😞

Hey @chemistua

We just sent you a private message. See you there. Smiley

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @chemistua ,

Unexpected charges are never fun, we get that!

We'll send you a PM so we can take a look at the charge and find out what happened.