cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABSOLUTELY USELESS SUPPORT SO FAR

bryner
I'm a participant level 1

Let's try this because Fido hasn't figured out how to use social media to respond and 1/2 their staff either don't speak English / read you a script over and over again or they just hang up on you.

These are my bills for the last 10 months. I can guarantee February will have ridiculous charges on it as well. No one seems to be able to figure out how the hell a FIDO HOME PHONE has all these stupid app charges on it.

Date Content # of Line Items Cost
27-Mar Bango 5 21.05
27-Apr Bango 21 99.39
27-Jun Bango 17 99.93
27-Aug Bango 20 99.30
27-Sep Bango 1 9.99
27-Oct Bango 2 16.48
27-Oct Specialty 3 119.97
27-Nov Bango 3 15.37
27-Dec Bango 22 73.78
27-Jan Bango 12 40.58
    106 595.84

3 speciality calls on October 27... they were # numbers.. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THOSE EXISTED LET ALONE THEY COST $39.99 / CALL?!?!?!?!? NO - I DON'T HAVE KIDS PRESSING BUTTONS ON MY PHONE, I DON'T HAVE ANYONE BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE AND USING IT WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION, NO NO NO TO ALL THE STUPID QUESTIONS I'VE ALREADY BEEN ASKED.

I KNOW HOW TO USE A PHONE PROPERLY.. I WAS A SALES REP FOR ONE OF THE BIGGEST CELL PHONE RETAILERS IN THE COUNTRY 4 YEARS SO PLEASE STOP TALKING TO ME LIKE I'M CLUELESS. SAVE YOUR BULL- FOR SOMEONE THAT CARES.

Fido staff: "oh, but you can charge to any phone #" .......................................... - _ -

Please open your eyes and read this carefully:

I DON'T BUY APPS OR FAKE COINS WITHIN APPS

PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU, PLEASE SOMEONE WHO IS COMPETENT AND ABLE TO HELP RESOLVE THIS, CONTACT ME. IF I NEED TO TAKE A DAY OFF WORK TO CALL AND RIP HEADS OFF UNTIL I GET SOMEWHERE, THEN SO BE IT.. BUT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO BE CIVIL AND POLITE.. DON'T MAKE ME POST MY MESSENGER CHAT WITH THE 10 DIFFERENT REPS I HAD TO TALK TO ON SOCIAL MEDIA BECAUSE IT IS DOWNRIGHT EMBARASSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @bryner! Thanks for posting Smiley

@Cawtau is correct, it would be best to contact Bango directly so they can look into it.

We will take a close look on our end as well though! I'm going to send you a PM so we can review things together.

See you there!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Bryner,

Welcome to the community!

While I understand the frustration, the all caps, extra-large font is not necessary and it's rather distracting to read.

Have you considered contacting Bango to ask them how they managed to charge your home phone for those charges? Fido isn't the one who's charging you those fees. They simply collect the fees on behalf of the company. Complaining to Fido about the charges will not stop them from happening in the future. It appears to be a recurring charge so at the very least you could find out what the charge is for and have it discontinued.

If the charges are found to be fraudulent, it would be up to Bango to reimburse you, not Fido.

It might be possible for Fido to disable all direct carrier billing on your account. However, there may be legal ramifications if Bango is unable to collect the fees. That's why it might be prudent to contact Bango directly.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Edstar

Hi,

I am running into the same issue. My account is fradulently charged with the $39.99 amount for "All Function Face Secret Face Reading Beauty" on Jan 21, 2019.

I am not sure why Fido enables the direct carrier billing on an account in the first place. I appreciate for your comment.

Thanks

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Edstar

Welcome to the community Smiley

Charges on your invoice with the mention "Bango" would be a purchase made on the Google play app or an in-app purchase. Keep in mind, that you have the ability to change your play store settings to disable the option of having this billed on your mobile invoice.

For any questions about the billing or support with the application, you can refer to the provider’s contact information in the “Details of third party charges” section of your bill. They will be able to provide you more details on the product or service purchased.

Hope this helps.

pwewrewerwd

Oh mine I am having the same issue. I bought a tablet for reading and better maps navigations , so no games installed by me and 'surprise ! almost 100 dollars charged on bango 

Hello @pwewrewerwd,

Welcome to the community!

I recommend you contact Bango if you have any issues with their charges since these would be created by them. 

-FidoAnthonyZ