cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$60 Setup Service Fee Not Waived

pinkDonut
I'm a participant level 2

I ported in 2 numbers to Fido a few days ago online and it says the $60 Setup Service Fee will be waived. Then, on the same day, I ported out from Fido for personal reasons. However my Fido bill just arrived with $60 setup service fee each line, i.e. a total of $120 fee was charged. Why the fees are not waived as offered? How I can get the bill revised or do I need to pay in full and then get the refund? 

6 REPLIES 6

M_safari21
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My spouse and I, as new commer and students, purchased two Faido SIM cards from Hillcrest mall on December 18th. Your representative informed us of a monthly charge of $34 and a reduced rate of $29 for the first year.

However, upon receiving the bill, I noticed not only the mentioned charges but also an additional $60.94 labeled as service fees!

This is not only inconsistent with the information provided but appears to be deceptive.

We have never purchased such a SIM card, nor did we choose Faido willingly. Please respond promptly, rectify the bill!!!

Hello @M_safari21,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear if you weren't informed of the $60 setup service fee. These are applicable when you submit a new activation or a device upgrade either over customer service or in store. This should also be shown on your service agreement. 

You're welcome to reach out via these methods if you have any questions.

Liviu2

Hi! I am with Fido fo 10 years and they don't wave the fee because the representant have to notify them by email. So I have to go back, find the guy, explain him that Fido needs a email from him.... so for 60$ fee this one is my last contract with Fido and I will never recommend it to my friends. 

pinkDonut

Hi FidoKenny, the link you provided is not valid.

Hello @pinkDonut 

The link was updated.

FidoKenny

Hello @pinkDonut 

Sorry to hear about your experience. We do understand your concern and will be happy to verify this with you.

To go over your bill, it will be important to get in contat with our team. You can find the ways to reach us here.