cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$39 plan 400mb, 400 minutes, expiring March 16th? Can I keep plan

Qwertyx
I'm a participant level 2

Hi.  Ending my 2 year contract, March 12 it's up.  I bought a new IPhone 5c unlocked and now use it.

do I get to automatically keep my plan or is it really gone.  Do I get a $15 discount a I'm not paying a Tab anymore?  If I want a 5s can I get it, using Fido dollars but keep the same plan?   

The bill system says plan is up March 16.  And Tab Balance 0

thanks

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Qwertyx!

You can keep the same plan as long as you don't change it. 

It will stay at the current rate since it's probably not a BYOP plan.

For the iPhone 5s, I can take a look at your options Smiley You'll be able to keep your plan but there will be a price difference. 

A Max plan will give you the biggest subsidy towards your phone, while your plan, might have a lower subsidy.

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes!

Qwertyx

I don't understand, once yor Tab is paid off, why do you still have to pay it?  If you pay $15 month for Tab.  Have paid for 2 years and noe the balance is $0.  Where is the extra $15 going? Why isn't it reducing the monthly fee, is this the New Math again?

Hey Qwertyx!

There aren't any extra fees on your monthly bill that are charged towards paying off the balance of the subsidy you got on your phone when you upgraded.

You're bill according to the plan that your subscribed to, in this case, a $39 plan that includes 400 MB. 

Your Tab refers to the balance of your subsidy that you'd be charged if you chose to buyout your contract in order to do an early upgrade on a new contract. Your subsidy decreases each month while you're on contract depending on how much of your contract you've completed.

Hope this helps!