2nd Line discount

I'm a Participant Level 1 ellapineda
I'm a Participant Level 1

2nd Line discount

Hi! 

I used to get a second line discount on my account but since December when I upgraded my plans I no longer receive the discount. From my understanding when I switched my husband over I would be getting 10% off throughout the duration on having the line. Please help me out and clarify this issue. 

Thanks 

Elle

Accepted Solution

Re: 2nd Line discount

Hey @KAPABLE-K!

We're so happy to have had you with us through the years and I would love to explain the promos in detail.

The older promo we had was 10% off for as long as you kept an eligible plan. That promo did expire and it will be removed if you switch to an ineligible plan or if the promo has been active on your line for more than 24 months.

Since October 2018 we have released a new version of that promo for new lines being added to existing accounts as we do understand it was a popular option for our customers. The new version of the promo allows you to get 10% off for 24 months. If the primary line gets cancelled, the discount is removed. Also, not all plans may be eligible so it's important to check with the agent changing your plan to know if the promo will stay with your new plan if you decide to change plan.

I hope this clarifies things Smiley 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 28

Hey Onutza, 

I can definitely understand where you are coming from here, unexpected changes are not fun, but, that said, I am sad to see that you feel as though your loyalty is not appreciated. 10 years is a long time to stick by us and I can assure you that this loyalty has not gone unnoticed. 

You should absolutely expect a clear and precise answer about why your discount was removed. 

Let's take a closer look at that with you. We'll send you a PM shortly. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 3 Onutza
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi Amanda, 

My concerns were addressed by someone from the office of the president. 

Thank you for your message. 

Onutza

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 28

Funny thing, it just happened the same thing , the discount was removed for one of our other lines. Waiting for Fido to provide a clear reason before escalating it again to the office of president, CCTS and Better Business Bureau. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 28

Hey @Onutza

I can see here that we are already talking to you in PM concerning this. We will continue with you from there.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 28

Yes, and exactly like for the other line I get no clear answer of why this happened other then the one that Fido can do whatever it wants! Seems that I will escalate it again ! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 2 Ardalan1
I'm a Participant Level 2

the same thing happened to me. After more than 3 years with fido, I suddenly lost my 10% discount for my second line by switching to a more expensive plan.
This is happening while the other providers are offering more interesting programs like Telus family program.

I am sure very unsatisfied and unhappy about this. I always recommended Fido to friends but it could change easily with this king of disrespectful things.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 28

Hey @Ardalan1

Some plans are not compatible with discounts.  When that happens, the discount is removed when you change your plan.

Feel free to contact us if you have questions about your account!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 28

Hi @FidoJulien,

correct me if I'm wrong, the discount was for the second line, not for the second plan. I expect to maintain the discount as long as I keep my second line.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 28

Hi @Ardalan1

If your new plan doesn't meet the eligibility requirements for the discount, it can very well be taken off. Please view section 3F of our Terms and Conditions

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 28
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@FidoFaiza I think you are missing @Ardalan1  point the second line discount was being offer as a discount as long as you keep the second line and not the plan I know what @Ardalan1 is talking about because I've said it before even for my account I have 5 lines and none have the second line discount anymore because Fido took it away even though it was sold as a second line discount and not a a plan discount.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 28

Depending on the case, the second line discount is or was compatible with certain plans. 

As we mention in our Terms and Conditions: 

"We will apply a discount, promotion or benefit to your account as long as you remain eligible for it. We may check your eligibility from time to time, and if you become ineligible to receive that discount, promotion or benefit for any reason, we may remove it, and/or transfer your Service to a comparable Service plan."

That means that if a change of plan takes place and that plan isn't compatible with a discount or offer, it will be removed. With that said, you can always confirm through customer service if the discount is compatible or not. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 28

Hi @FidoFrancois ,

You and @FidoFaiza  missed my point. I am not talking about plans. I am telling the 2nd line discount was initially promised to clients who add a second "LINE" to their accounts no matter with which plan.. there was no condition about the plan. I had this discount when I had 2 BYOP plans. I had it when I had one BYOP and one 24 month contract. but suddenly I do not have it now with two 24 month contracts. This is annoying and disrespectful to loyal clients

The discount was for the second "LINE" not for the second "PLAN"!
I kept my second "LINE", so I should have the 2nd "LINE" discount 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 28

I assure you that we appreciate our customers' loyalty and we're always aiming to provide the best services and offers to everyone @Ardalan.

As the solution in this thread mentions, as with every promo, some eligibility criteria applies and certain plans are not compatible with the 10% discount. If you changed your plan to one that's not compatible with this offer, it would explain why the discount was removed.

If you'd like to go over the available options for your account or need any clarification about your account, you can reach out to us here or we can send you a PM on the Community.

Let us know! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 28