cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1800$ bill In month

vishaldod24
I'm a participant level 2

Hello my name is Vishal and I have using Fido for more than 2 years, in the beginning, I had a plan of 40$/month in which they offered me 2+1Gb data with 1000min Indian Calling and unlimited Canadawide calls and messages then after some time they gave me an offer at 44$/month in which they gave me 13Gb data and 1000min Indian Calling. Everything was going smoothly until the last month as I took a new contract with Fido last December at the same price with 100$ credit in my account with an additional cost of the phone 76$/month. But things have happened that it should not be, as I got the bill of amount $1799 for the Month of May-June and I can't believe it by seeing this much of amount  When I read the usage of my bill it was mentioned I have calling India for a month without any package in my account but I am getting one thing when I was having the same contract how can they remove it without my consent and even they never notified me like they had removed my Indian calling package, I can't pay this big amount for someone else's ignorance as I am an International student and I do not have that much earning in even 2 months, it is impossible for me to pay the same amount for nothing. it is not expected from such a well-known company which is worth Billion dollars to get out the money from such a loyal customer and not even cared to notify me once just to fill their pockets. 

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Vishaldod24,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received that unexpectedly high bill amount. It's unfortunate you did not understand the plan changes on your account when you chose to get your new phone. Your old plans would have been under Fido's subsidy program. With the subsidised plans, the cost of devices was incorporated into the cost of plans (ie Small, Medium, Large, etc). Even if you opted for a BYOP plan, it would have been under the same subsidy program. You should note that Fido has recently switched from their old subsidy model to a financed Payment Program. With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the cost of plans.

If you had a subsidised plan, you would have needed to get a new plan in order to finance a device since the old subsidised plans are not compatible with the new financed model. Even though your new plan might have been the same price, the details of the plan would not have been the same as your old subsidised plans. Unfortunately, it appears as though your new plan did not include the 1000 International minute promotion. You should also note that if you did have that promotion, it might not have been on your plan indefinitely. The promotions would usually have an expiry date associated with them.

I understand that you might not have been aware of your excess usage. However, it has always been the customers' responsiblity to monitor their own voice and messaging usage. While Fido does not provide notifications for additional long-distance usage they do provide a means of monitoring call usage (ie My Account app).

I understand this is a difficult time and being a student makes receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

vishaldod24

Hello Cawtau

This is in regard to the existing problem that I a currently in, I do understand that this is my responsibility I should take care of my overages but tell me one thing who remembers the exact date of expiration of any plan until the company would not tell the customer itself. As you are saying Fido does not remind of the over usage that is the only question I want to ask you when any customer executive can call to introduce the new plans for the customer then why one can not make the call to remind the customer that their existing plan is going to expire soon. Is this because you guys just want to rob the pocket of the customer irrespective of the situation by tempting them with new plans or by not notifying the customer about their plan expiration.

And clear me one more thing when I changed my plan last year even then none of your customer executives informed me about the expiration of my any services as my all other services are continued as they were before except these 1000minutes. So according to you if my plan is expired then my all services would be stopped but this not happened. 

And you are talking about credit so I can not make the payments by credit also as I  am a student and I do not have that much savings monthly to pay its EMI even though I am paying $125 a month to Fido.

So please I am requesting you to wave this amount.

Thanks

Regards

Vishal Dod 

Hello again,

Firstly, I don't work for Fido.

@vishaldod24 wrote:..So according to you if my plan is expired then my all services would be stopped but this not happened...

As mentioned previously, the inclusion of 1000 International minute is a promotion. It is not a part of a plan's regular services. Since promotions are not regular services, the termination of a promotion would not affect the services included with your plan.

Promotions may be available on certain plans or they may only be available during certain periods, events or holidays. That's the nature of promotions -- they're not usually available all the time. In addition, promotions are not usually available indefinitely. That's why I mentioned they often have expiry dates.

However, in your case, the 1000 International minute promotion did not expire from your old plan. You chose to finance a new phone. In doing so, you needed to get a new plan that was compatible with financing a phone. Unfortunately, that particular promotion was not available when you got your new plan. You could have kept your old plan with that promotion (until it expired) if you purchased your phone outright. I understand you feel you weren't told your new plan didn't include those minutes, however, I am not aware of customer service in any sector informing customers of what promotions are not included with their purchases.

As mentioned, promotions are not usually available indefinitely. If the term of the promotion was not outlined when first offered, the end-date would have been provided on your bill a few months prior to the actual termination of the promotion.

I mentioned contacting the credit operations team to try to make a payment arrangement. They are the only ones who can make determination of your options. This is the community forum. No one here would be able to make judgement on your request.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers