cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do I return modem?

Fidopls
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I cancelled Fido internet yesterday I asked the rep on the phone if I can just return the modem to any Fido store. He said "yes any Fido store is fine". I know there is one near my place that's less than 5km away, it also shows up on Google maps. But when I did a store search on Fido's website https://www.fido.ca/consumer/storelocator, the nearest store for "internet -> Get the Right Hardware (exchanges, pick-ups, and returns)" is 33km away in ANOTHER CITY!?!

Is the website info outdated? or is the rep wrong?

Also it's been almost a day and I still do not have a cancellation confirmation email?

5 REPLIES 5

Alisva
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I called to cancel my internet service 3 days ago. I haven't received any confirmation email of my cancellation neither any prepaid label that the agent told he would send. However, I did received q empty box, from Fido. Where and how I can return the modem back ?

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Fidopls!

Not every store can process returns for Fido Internet.  If the nearest store is too far, we can also send you a prepaid return label so you can send it back to us via UPS!

If you want to do that, let me know and I'll send you a PM so we can set this up! Smiley

Fidopls
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Hi, Thanks for responding. Yes I'd like a prepaid label instead please.

Thank you.

Hey @Alisva

Welcome aboard the Community!

Typically an email confirmation is sent within a few hours of the call, however, it's good to know that it can take up to 24 hours for the transaction email confirmation.

Did you perhaps future-date the cancellation?

That said, we offer two options for the modem return via courrier:

• Customer drops the package at their nearest UPS store
  • UPS pick ups the package from customer's location

Which one did you pick?

If it's the latter, UPS will create the return label for you and pick up the package. They will make one attempt. If for any reason they aren't able to, they will leave the return label at your location.

Hope this clarifies!

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for confirming,

We'll have a waybill sent to your service address :).

You'll be receiving a PM shortly @Fidopls. Talk to you soon!