Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weak signal

shamster
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I'm interested in trying the Fido internet service.

However, I have a concern after a recent visit by a cable technician.

My apartment has only one cable outlet.

Recently, I had a cable technician visit who tried to setup my new tv to the building cable service.

After several tests, he said the signal coming through was weak that it won't support the tv.

My question is will the weak signal prevent me from getting good speeds if i get fido internet service?

Thank you and look forward the reply.  

3 REPLIES 3

shamster

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

It was a Rogers technician who attempted to install the cable box (which I had ordered) to setup to the new tv.

Anyway, I still interested in trying the Fido internet service.

If I order the internet modem and find that the speed is not good, can i cancel the service without any sort of cancellation fees? 

Thank you.  

Hey @shamster! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

There's no fee to activate or cancel the service, as long as you return the equipment to us. So there's no cost for you to try it out, other than the time used from the activation date.

I hope that helps!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Shamster,

Welcome to the community!

With whom was the cable technician associated? Did they mention why they weren't able to improve the signal from the cable? Do you know which companies service your apartment building? 

If your Fido Internet is available at your address, you might consider contacting technical services to see if they can address the issue. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers