cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i connect bell home hub 2000 to fido home internet?

DaisyMumm
I'm a participant level 2

we just signed up for Fido home wifi. We kept fibe tv but don't want to keep bell internet at $$$$$.  having trouble connecting the bell home hub 2000 to the fido internet modem.  help??

4 REPLIES 4

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DaisyMumm

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

Can you share with the Community some more details about what exactly is happening when you're trying to set-up this connection? 

Have you checked with your FibeTV support team if this service will work without the Bell internet connection? 

DaisyMumm

When I called bell they said it was possible to run fibe tv without bell internet but they refused to tell me how. 

DaisyMumm

I'm trying to connect the bell hub to Fido modem so I can use Fido wifi instead of Bell. Bell 2000 hub has 2 dsl lines going in which I'm assuming is the fibe tv part but as I understand it I should be able to connect the hub to the Fido modem. The Fido modem doesn't have any dsl ports.  I'm wondering if an Ethernet/dsl adapter will solve the issue.  Thoughts??

Hello DaisyMumm,

Welcome to the community!

If I understand correctly, you wish to use FibeTV through your Fido Internet. Is that correct?

If it is, I'm not sure you need to connect the Bell Home Hub 2000 to the Fido modem. As far as I am aware, the Bell Hub is a modem/router itself. Do you also have Whole Home PVR or Wireless receiver that connects to the televisions? You should be able to connect either to your Fido modem via ethernet (see here) or wirelessly (see here and here).

You could possibly connect the Bell Home Hub to the Fido modem, however, it might cause IP address conflicts. You might be able to negate those address conflicts by setting the Bell Home Hub to be used as repeater rather than router mode. However, I'm not sure if that modem allows that sort of configuration (see here). If you wanted to try, you might be able to connect the Hub to the Fido modem via ethernet cable from one of the Lan sockets to the Wan socket on the back of the Hub.

If you are able to set everything up without the need for the Bell Home Hub, it would be simpler.

**edit** I should note that I do not have Bell FibeTV so I have not personally tried to connect the devices as above.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers