cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my technician show?

DarthMaul
I'm a contributor level 1

Booked an appointment for Jan 1st which was surprising, as I'd expect them to be off today, but that's the date they have me and an 8 to 10 am slot.

It's about 10:30 am now and was wondering if it they'll show or did the online customer support messed up?

Is there anyway in finding out?

7 REPLIES 7

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @DarthMaul,

Welcome to the community and happy new year!

I had a technician at my place a few days back and he did say they are working through the holidays also so if they booked a technician to come today it should not be a mistake, maybe he is just running behind and hopefully shows up soon.

DarthMaul

Fingers are crossed. Thanks for the info!

2 hours passed the appointment time with no message / call... Was getting worried. 

Hello again @DarthMaul,

Two hours past the appointment is long hopefully he does show, let us know and if he does not I guess you will have to contact customer service and they can assist you.

DarthMaul

No show. Will be contacting customer service today. 

DarthMaul

So after chatting with two customer service representatives...

1st one was going to reschedule the appointment, but before the dates and times were given the chat ended on its own. 

Second customer service rep tells me that my appointment was cancelled due to the neighbourhood being down, so no need for the tech to show up. But... I was never notified about any of this. They replied that it may be a glitch in their system. I did receive the text on how to prepare for a tech visit, so...? 

No rescheduling. Apparently their maintenance folks are working on it, as our neighborhood is still down (by the way, I'm using the "down" Fido internet to post this) and should fix the issues we had.

I'm going to use our neighbourhood downed internet to Netflix and chill. This isn't the way I imagined how I'd start the new year. 

Hey @DarthMaul,

Sorry to learn about this! This is not the experience we aim to provide on our end. That said, we do appreciate the opportunity it provides us to improve the service we offer. 

I do see that you contacted us on Facebook as well. Were you able to get help?

DarthMaul

I ended up chatting with a customer service rep from the website and was told that the technician appointment was cancelled at Fido's end due to the neighbourhood being down, but I was never notified of (no email, text, automated call, etc.). So I waited for the day due to that. I did check the Fido website to see if it was down when we were experiencing slow down to having no internet, but there was no outage in my area during that time. There will be no rescheduled technician visit due to it being a neighbourhood being down and the fix is at Fido's end to what I was told. 

Our internet returned the next day, but not really the way to start the New Year.