cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Modem

dupa
I'm a participant level 1

Please provide details specs of the FIDO Wifi Modem that is provided with the services.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

NicoleG
Hello! I recently got your home internet package. I just opened the box. I watched your video on how to set up the modem. When I check the box again, I realize their is no coax cable. Is there another way to set up the modem without it?
Thank you

Hey @NicoleG

Welcome to the community. Smiley 

The modem should have been shipped with a 6-foot coaxial cable. The cable is necessary to connect the internet.  

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at this together. 

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @dupa

Here's a bit of info on the modem:

• Features custom industrial design
  • Unlike with TPIA providers, no need for customers to find, buy and support additional equipment
    • As a cable modem, it connects the customer to the Internet through the coax cable outlet in the home.
    • As a Wi-Fi router, it generates Wi-Fi signal throughout your home so that you can wirelessly connect Wi-Fi devices to the Internet and to each other.
  • Modem generates two Wi-Fi networks (bands) simultaneously to connect multiple devices
    • 2.4 GHz offers greater range but slower speeds ideal for browsing
    • 5 GHz offers faster speeds great for video streaming, but at closer range to the modem. This band offers less interference from common electronic devices that use the 2.4 GHz band.
      • The 5 GHz Wi-Fi network only appears as available for devices that are able to connect to the 5 GHz band.
  • Six high gain antennas for signal range, strength and speed
    • Plus simultaneous dual-band support means the modem generates two Wi-Fi networks (also called “bands”) at the same time so you can connect some devices to the 5 GHz network while you connect other devices to the 2.4 GHz network. Splitting the load minimizes signal interference and congestion and maximizes performance. Both bands are fast—the best way to determine which one you should choose for your device and online activity is to simply try connecting to each one
  • Enables faster connectivity for newer consumer electronics
    • Modem generates two Wi-Fi networks (and future-proofs the customer)
    • Newer consumer electronics support this standard, but if customers have older devices, that’s OK too. Our modem also supports previous Wi-Fi standards.  (5 GHz: 802.11a/n/ac and 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n. AC compatible device required to take advantage of AC Wi-Fi technology.)
  • Secure connectivity: Supports WEP, WPA, WPA2 data encryption as well as Wi-Fi Protected Setup and SPI firewall.
  • Connect hard drives and more with 4 Ethernet ports (10/100/1000 Mbps) for wired data transfer speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second and 2 USB ports.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley