cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged wifi modem rental despite service cancelled

kats44
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I cancelled my service on March 20, which is the end of my billing cycle and I never have carry forward balances. Returned the modem on March 21. Got Canada post confirmation that modem has been successfully delivered on March 22. Upto this point, everything has gone smoothly. On March 22, I get a fido bill stating that I owe $9.04 which is for monthly $8+tax modem charge. Ummm...can FIDO explain to me why I need to pay for something I already CANCELLED and RETURNED to you!!!

Based on past threads, this issue is not new with your system. It dates back to several years. WHY IS THIS STILL HAPPENING!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

asdasd4
I'm a participant level 1

Happened to me as well. Was continued bieng charged modem fee.

Apprently initial fido cancellation order got messed up by the agent.

No accountability at FIDO, wasted hours bieng bounced back and forth to have it resolved. 

User94235

Well this is happening again.  Returned modem and also have Canada post tracking for proof. But my final bill still charged $8 for modem rental fee for Nov to Dec month. Funny thing is I cancelled on middle of Oct. now Fido try to locate the modem whereabouts.  How ridiculous is this? Already spent 5 times so far checking and asking for investigation. Nothing come back yet. 

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that your modem return is still not processed. That said, you can find more details on the return process on this thread.

In the meantime, don't hesitate to reach out to us and one of our agents will be happy to review the situation with you.

Hope this helps!

Good morning @kats44 , what most likely happened is that your billing cycle and cancelation order were happening at the same time. So the billing would already have been in process when you canceled. It takes more than a few days for the modem return to be processed, so a delay in cancelation would be caused. You should contact Fido support Here to get everything straightened out. Have a terrific weekend