Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming on PC intermittent

Luvern13
I'm a participant level 3

I go to a site and type in any movie.

At first, I was able to watch 3 minutes without issue, then it froze. It looked like it was buffering?  The movie started again about a minute later and played without issue for two minutes.  It stopped and froze again.  Then it started again and played for another ten minutes.  I think I watched a total of 23 minutes of this two-hour movie and I finally gave up. Why is my service freezing this frequently?

9 REPLIES 9

FidoAnthony

Hey @Luvern13,

That definitely sounds odd. Have you tried rebooting your modem? That may resolve the issue. 

Let us know! 😃

Luvern13

Hi Anthony. I reset my modem last week.  Any other suggestions?

Hey there @Luvern13

Just a heads up, we've removed the link included in your original post as it goes against our terms of use

Please note that we cannot guarantee the reliability of using third party websites, which offer streaming services. You can however test your services by using trusted sources such as YouTube (live stream), Twitch or Netflix (if you're subscribed) to name a few.

Can you verify if your streaming is interrupted on those sites as well?

Luvern13

Netflix usually works well, Roku TV freezes on a regular basis but only for seconds at a time. So are you saying that I can't watch that site because I'm a Fido subscriber?  Most times when I have watched it before, the movies played without issue. Now, I'm having trouble.  None of my networks had the exact movie I wanted hence the reason I went to that site. It seems that around 10 pm the network in my apartment building is full which results in slow/poor service on my end.  $65.00/month is what I pay for the highest speed available to me so I don't expect these sorts of issues.  What else can I do?

Not exactly @Luvern13

I apologize for any confusion, I'll try to clarify Smiley

Fido does not limit what site you can and cannot access. You can keep watching movies on that website if it help you find the movies that are not listed on Netflix or other sources.

However, it is important to note that the quality of the streaming service will also depend on the source. That is why the quality of service you're experiencing is different between that site and Netflix. Does that answer your question?

That said, if you're experiencing regular disruptions with your Fido home internet, you can reach out to our home internet technical support team.24/7 by phone or live chat.

Hope this helps.

chrisjordan25
I'm a participant level 2

Interesting how you're unable to guarantee your service? I'm sorry--  I've only had this issue once I switched to Fido? Thinking it's time to switch? 

Hey @chrisjordan25,

We're not saying we don't guarantee the service you receive, though it may be impacted strongly depending on what you're trying to access. 

chrisjordan25

I'm saying-- obviously substandard internet if your unable to provide standard service!? It's regular cable, tell me what's odd and different?  

If you're having issues with your internet, you're welcome to contact tech support at this number: 1-888-236-3436