cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received full bill a few days after activating

amirreza123
I'm a participant level 1

I activated my home internet in January 5th or 6th, and a few days later I got a bill for a whole month. Although I had used the internet for 2-3 days. Could someone help me? How can I resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoVan

Hi there and welcome to the Community!

Getting your first bill can always be a bit confusing.

Here is what you need to know regarding your bills! At Fido, you are always billed a month in advance. On the first invoice you received, you should have been billed partial charges or prorated charges for your first 2-3 days. After that, your next full cycle starts which is the month you are billed for in advance.

Make sure to open your bill and check the date of the period you are being billed for; it'll help you better understand the situation!

Hope that helps! 😊

ivanpp

My first bill monthly charges show up for period Jan 07 - Feb 06 (just started with FIDO) and amount paid on 1st February, 2021.

My next bill for period Feb 07 - Mar 06 shows up and FIDO has deducted $42.37 from my account on 19th February, 2021.

I can understand the deduction going out on the 5th or 6th of the billing period.  Two weeks before is just NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I am expecting an explanation from you as to how this is LEGAL.  Until I receive a clear logical explanation I am alleging that you are CHEATING all your customers.    FIDO you are earning MILLIONS OF DOLLARS banking this amount skimmed in advance from your customers and, IN MY OPINION, this is an ILLEGAL act.

I will be monitoring this forum for the reply.

Hey @ivanpp

Thank you for your feedback! We assure you that nothing about this is illegal though since we are charging you for a service that you use with us.

If you are registered to pre-authorized payments, the withdrawal will be within 15-20 days after the close of the billing period. You will also find this information on your monthly invoice.

If you prefer to make manual payments, you can opt-out of pre-authorized payments through your fido.ca account. For a manual payment method, the payment due date is within 26-30 days after the close of the billing period. Do note that the due dates can vary by 1 to 2 days depending on the number of days in the months.

You can learn more about it here